News Evenflo Maestro Recall - EVENFLO ( 10C005000 )

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Dated: OCT 12, 2010 EVENFLO IS RECALLING CERTAIN MAESTRO CHILD RESTRAINT SYSTEMS WITH MODEL NUMBERS BEGINNING WITH 310 AND BUILT FROM NOVEMBER 24, 2009, THROUGH APRIL 9, 2010. THESE SEATS FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE STRUCTUR...

More...

ADS

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Re: EVENFLO ( 10C005000 )

Just my luck...we own 2 of the affected ones... I love that it doesn't say that they are unsafe to use, or to stop using them until you receive the fix... :thumbsdown: There are many parents that wouldn't think about that!

Spam

I'm pretty sure mine is one affected, I'll have to check when my mom gets here. Good thing I kept my ra50. Is the reinforcement plate really going to fix it? I'm not sure i'm going to be comfortable using it all, I guess I'll have to wait to see the fix.

swtgi1982

Just my luck...we own 2 of the affected ones... I love that it doesn't say that they are unsafe to use, or to stop using them until you receive the fix... :thumbsdown: There are many parents that wouldn't think about that!

The link on evenflo website says they are unsafe to use. It says, children under 40lbs should not use in harness mode and for children over 40lb it should be used in booster mode until repair kit received.

fyrfightermomma

Nice.....I got one exactly 6 days ago and it's already recalled.

And with no spare seats, E gets to ride in a booster until we get the "fix". Excellent....

fyrfightermomma

Re: Maestro Recall

Nice that the seat isn't even usable and I have no spare seats. And I've had it a whole 6 days. Confidence factor isn't too high right now. Neither kid can use it as a booster because of the 40 lb minimum, so that means no seat. Excellent.....

smackeen

Great. :mad:

I just checked mine and it looks like mine is recalled also.

Thankfully I have another seat to use for my oldest. But it is going to be quite annoying to switch it back and forth between cars.

Mommy2Marcus

:mad: Man, it looks like my seat may be a part of this recall. It was made after April, BUT it has the model number starting with 310. I am fixing to call Evenflo to find out. :mad:

julia94115

Whew! Mine has not been recalled but I am not feeling too good about it anyway. It just makes me nervous. I was hesitant to purchase an Evenflo seat to begin with and now this.... blaaahhh.

Mommy2Marcus

Ok, mine is not part of the recall. However how did they change the seat enough between April & now that it makes a hugh difference. I am just worried that my child may be riding in a seat that is not safe. Should I worry about the safety of my child?

This is his primary seat now. He rides in my car the most & this is the seat that is in my car. :( Now I am afraid that I will worry about my child every single time we leave the house in my car.

smackeen

Mine is also in the recall (Canadian seat). When I was talking to rep at evenflo, I mentioned that ALL my stickers are peeling/bubbling also and she said that she has never heard that before. Pretty bad for a seat that was manufactured: Feb 17 2010.

Not too sure about the fix ether and the back is cracking during crashes?

babyherder

Ok, mine is not part of the recall. However how did they change the seat enough between April & now that it makes a hugh difference. I am just worried that my child may be riding in a seat that is not safe. Should I worry about the safety of my child?

This is his primary seat now. He rides in my car the most & this is the seat that is in my car. :( Now I am afraid that I will worry about my child every single time we leave the house in my car.

Put him back in the Nauti for a few days and think it over.

Mommy2Marcus

Put him back in the Nauti for a few days and think it over.

I did think about that as well. However I just decided to call Evenflo back & ask what was changed between April & May that made the ones after April safe. They told me that they re-enforced the area as of May 2010 to make them stronger to withstand the forces. I feel better after talking to someone that explained to me. However if they made the changes starting in May, it would seem that they knew about it then.

If they did indeed know about it then, then WHY are they just now recalling them? I really think I am over thinking all of this today. I am sick, so I think I am just being grumpy.

julia94115

WAIT! If they just fixed them in May 2010- mine has a DOM of 9/09! So, what does that me for mine???

I am so not liking this.....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC