Radian splitter plate issue fixed!!

Mae

You all know how the newer Radians have the issue with the splitter plate? It's fixed!!! :D

It seems that all they did was increased the size of the loop, thus making it MUCH easier to put the harness back onto the splitter plate. In fact -- I counted. It took me TWO seconds to put the new (8/10) Radian back together and took me TWENTY seconds to put the "old" (11/09) Radian back together.

Old size of the loop on left (or on top, depending on the size of your browser window), New size of the loop on the Right (or on bottom).

IMG_0281.jpg
IMG_0276.jpg

Old loops on left (or on top), new loops on right (or on bottom).

IMG_0280.jpg
IMG_0279.jpg

And together. You can see that with the old loops, I can't even fit two fingers in the loop.

IMG_0278.jpg

ADS

Aurezalia

:eek: That is awesome!
Of course, I had to check my seats. My older one (1/10 DOM) has the old loops and my newer one (4/10 DOM) has the bigger loops. I was wondering why it was so easy to move around the harness straps yesterday. :whistle:
Most interesting, is that between my April seat and your August seat, they also came out with the new, longer D-ring. Loving the changes with the Radians!

tl01

Wow! That's a huge difference! I was just battling the splitter plate about an hour ago.

Holly

I wish they would make a splitter plate like Britax (or most other seats I think) where there are 2 metal "hooks" and they each have their own and don't have to overlap on the same one.

Aurezalia

I wish they would make a splitter plate like Britax (or most other seats I think) where there are 2 metal "hooks" and they each have their own and don't have to overlap on the same one.

Honestly, with the large loops it doesn't matter anymore. You can get the straps on now with the larger loops even faster than you can with the divided splitter plates.

JMacSanDiego

I agree with you 100%. I don't like the one hook where the straps have to overlap each other. However my Radian's straps/splitter plate have never malfunctioned. But I will watch them closely just to make sure. So far I love my SK Radian XTSL.

Neatfreak

I just unboxed our Radian today, and now I am wondering what the deal with the splitter plate was! Were the smaller loops just a PITA issue, or was there a safety concern with them?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
No safety concern (except in that some parents might not hook the second one on all the way, I guess.) Just a pain in the rear. :)

love-pink

i noticed it was soooo much easier when i got a new rn a couple months ago, but i couldnt put my finger on what was different! thanks for comparing the new to the old. it was seriously driving me nuts because i couldnt figure out what was changed :whistle:

amyd

Cool (although, I must be oblivious because I didn't even realize the old ones were a pain:eek:)

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
The old ones ARE a pain!!! I have thought that since day 1... It takes me at least 2 minutes to fight that last 1/8" into the groove...

Mae

i noticed it was soooo much easier when i got a new rn a couple months ago, but i couldnt put my finger on what was different! thanks for comparing the new to the old. it was seriously driving me nuts because i couldnt figure out what was changed :whistle:

I sat there with my two Radians side by side, literally for about five minutes trying to figure out what in the world was different. I couldn't figure it out! I kept lining the splitter plates up -- nope, they were the same (identical shape). So then I tried the new straps on the old splitter plate -- worked fine (easy as pie). Tried the old straps on the plate -- nope, the same (difficult). WTH?! LOL. Then I was like, OH! Look at that!

Is it wrong that I laughed out loud at the thought of you fingering your Radians? :whistle:

Um ... yes. :ROTFLMAO:

Cryssy Jane

Shoot I now want a new harness for both my seats. I ordered a new harness but it's got the 'old' style loops not the 'new' ones. Boo.

Pixels

It won't happen. You need the single splitter plate for the SafeStop.

Cool (although, I must be oblivious because I didn't even realize the old ones were a pain:eek:)

The ones on my Radians (non-SL models) aren't that bad. I adjusted SIL's SLs for her, and those were a huge pain, I think because the harness is thicker.

HayleyCPST

What is this!? Radian update madness!

You know, I never saw that new feature because my radian came set up on the 4th slots, which is where I need them...so I haven't gotten to that part yet! I suppose I should just play with the car seat when I get a new one instead of just going from box to car!

karlatta

I want a new harness! I seriously spent at least 10 minutes the other night trying to battle the harness loops onto the splitter plate. I almost gave up and just put DS in the extra Marathon I have instead.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC