How do you get your husbands on board?!

Loves2sing

When my friend had her 1st DS, we all thought she was crazy about her carseat views. You know the usual, "lighten up!", and "That kid can't breathe he is in that seat so tight!" Then when I had my DD, she was the one I went to for advice. Since then she has turned me on to this site, and I have become as "crazy" as she is about carseats. my husband however, has not. Now in his opinion, I am crazy too, and I need to lighten up. Thankfully he respects it though, and uses dd seats the way that I would. Problem is, I want to get a SK Radian for my car, and put her Marathon in his car, so that she can be RF all the time. Right now I have her FF:thumbsdown: in his car in an Evenflo Chase. I want her to Rf in his car as well! He thinks I am nuts and says I need to wait for the seat to go on sale at Canadian Tire. I have told him over and over how amazing the Radian is, and how it would fit our lifestyle so well, and all this for $199!! I don't know what else to tell him to convince him otherwise. Any advice? I want that seat SOOO bad!

ADS

Loves2sing

Lmao! :D
I have tried bribery as a form of persuasion in the past, but it doesn't work with him. He a cheapy to the bone.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Oh all men have a weakness...you just gotta find his;) !! Luckily for me my husband knows how much I love carseats, strollers, and other random baby things so when he wants something he bribes me with something of the like.
Have you tried the "I either want this (insert $200 pair of shoes or a $200 purse here) or the Radian for Jenna and I just can't decide." Maybe you can trick him into letting you get the Radian. Good luck!
Oh or you could just go out and buy it and say Grandma bought it:D !!

Morganthe

Ummmm, forget money. Either lots of sex as a persuasion or lack of sex as an incentive is the best bribe that women have employed throughout history. Wars have been won & lost because of sexual intrigues :p

Petty, I admit it. Better than whining or nagging though. If it's something you truly feel this strongly about, use those womanly wiles to change his mind :love:

:D

Last edited:

Loves2sing

That's how I got the Chase! But Grandma did actually buy it. I told her that Ryan, Jenna, and I didn't need stocking stuffers for Christmas, but Jenna needed a new seat for Ryan's car. The one we were using before was an ancient used Eddie Bauer from a friend. It expired in 2007, and I didn't want to use it until then. Stupid me, I didn't think about RF in his car, I had Jenna FF in my car at that time, but have since switched her to RF again. Right now the plan is to wait until the Radian is on sale and then sell the Chase. But I have just thought of something new. What if I tell him all I want for Mother's day is Jenna's safety! Guilt, and present time for me... maybe that will work. If not, our anniversary is coming up in June, and my mil always sends us cash. I call Canadian Tire all the time to see if they are ever going to put the Radian on sale. I think I will call them again right now. The answer has always been no, but maybe it will be different this time! :) Prayers for me!!

lovinwaves

:yeahthat: What Morganthe said.

Ok, I'm glad this is Coffee Break because...

Maybe not just sex, but maybe some....um....certain "sexual acts" will help the cause LOL!

I am the queen of getting what I want with my Husband. I have found his "sweet spots", if you will.

Is it the cost of the carseat that he doesn't like, or is it that he doesn't think you guys need another one?

Has he bought anything recently? My husband bought an over $300 remote control, so I had some definite spending power there for awhile.

Good luck! and keep us posted... :D

momof2kiddos

Ummmm, forget money. Either lots of sex as a persuasion or lack of sex as an incentive is the best bribe that women have employed throughout history. Wars have been won & lost because of sexual intrigues :p

Petty, I admit it. Better than whining or nagging though. If it's something you truly feel this strongly about, use those womanly wiles to change his mind :love:

:D

Anything I want I get it by giving him a triple dose of "amazing" sex.:whistle:

lovinwaves

Also, if there is something I want that is not really a "need", then Dh says "Fund it Baby, and it's yours".

So, I get on my Friendly Local Craigslist, and start selling stuff around the house. Get creative with what you sell. You'd be surprised what you can sell for good money too.

For instance, we sold all the sawdust, and leftover pieces of Red Cedar wood from our Deck that got built. Some guy bought it up to burn in his fireplace for the smell. Another lady bought the pieces to put in a sock drawer LOL!

Yoshi

Ha ha....None of that works on my DH! He's smarter than the average bear, I guess. That, and he's 56 yrs old!!!!:p

I just tell him we need something and I buy it. Done. And I am a SAHM, no income of my own, but I take care of all the kid stuff, so it's MY job to know what we need. If we need a new %#@$** (whatever gizmo) for the computer that costs $150, he gets it without my consent- that's his arena.

TheRealMacGyver

See, that's what I was talking about:D I hate to "fuel the opposition" here, but I just don't think women really have to worry all that much about getting what they want. I think men have it much worse because we have nothing to offer as "bait":D

Loves2sing

My friends all seem to get what they want by giving sex acts, but it doesn't work for us. The problem (?) is that we both like sex so much,so it is very common in our marriage, and not very useful as a bribery tool. I have tried to with hold, but he knows my sweet spots too so I always give in. :rolleyes: I need some self control!! He's just so darn irresistable! The main thing that is holding him back is the $ issue. He is a little tight when it comes to our finances. But I respect that as we are in a much better position financially then most our age, and we are even in a better position than my parents. But we wouldn't be here if he wasn't super tight. Maybe when we sell out Sattelite recievers, he wants to buy an Archos, then maybe I will presuade him to buy the Radian as well.

twokidstwodogs

I completely understand why you want her RF in DH's car, but is there a reason why you really want a Radian for your car? The top slots are higher than the Marathon's, of course, but that won't matter to you for a long time. Do you not like the Marathon? And if not, is there something a little cheaper than a Radian that would do?

broken4u05

See, that's what I was talking about:D I hate to "fuel the opposition" here, but I just don't think women really have to worry all that much about getting what they want. I think men have it much worse because we have nothing to offer as "bait":D

If the guy knows what the girl likes than it can work both ways. And i love sex so i can not stand to not have it so i find it hard to say no to it.

Loves2sing

I want the marathon in dh's car because it should fit better than the Radian, as dh has a 2 door. So I shouldn't have a problem with installing the Marathon. I want the Radian for my car because it will last so much longer than most other seats. If my dd remains on her growth pattern, she should fit in the radian until she is about 8 yrs old. I know I could get a cheaper Rf seat, but then Dh would have a fit when she outgrew it ff, and I would need yet another seat.

Mom2nj

I don't ask, I just do it. If it is for the kids safety, I buy it, then tell him when it comes in the mail or it's in the car. I moved DD to soon to a booster, then decided she wasn't safe enough, bought the Radian, which I love. DH could careless, as long as they are safe. I just explained that she wasn't old enough or safe enough and I would sell the others. I am a SAHM as well, I have 2 daycare kids which help in our income, but he is the main provider. I guess I could just say it was my part of the income if he really got mad...

Suzibeck

I don't go for game playing and/or manipluation in marriage. I prefer to be honest and straight forward and I expect the same from dh. I just tell him why I want a specific seat; higher weight harness and taller harness have been my reasons. He will usually tell me that he doesn't like spending the money on that, but to do what I want. I did show him the value of the MA by breaking it down into a monthly cost and compared it to how much we spend per month on other things. Currently, I want a Recaro YS but I really can't justify it so I won't push. If dh decides it is too much of a pain to not have a seat in his car, then I will likely get the Recaro at that point.

For the rearfacing issue, I had turned youngest dd ffing at 18 months, when she finally reached 20 lbs. Then, I learned how much safer it was to rf so I turned her back at 24 months. Dh wasn't too happy but I showed him the literature and crash test videos to back up my opinion. He is a smart man and understood my reasons then and let me do what was best.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
:yeahthat: What Morganthe said.

Ok, I'm glad this is Coffee Break because...

Maybe not just sex, but maybe some....um....certain "sexual acts" will help the cause LOL!

I am the queen of getting what I want with my Husband. I have found his "sweet spots", if you will.

Haha! Yeah when I decided I wanted a Sienna less than a year after my husband bought me the Saab 9-5 Aero wagon I had wanted sooo bad...I just promised "a certain act" every night for a month! :D Haha, I of course didn't hold up my part of the bargain but it did work...because I did get the van he said I would never get the following weekend. That deal still works even though he should know by know I never follow through with my promises.:p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC