Blind spots Kia sorento

So I have had my 2011 Kia sorento since Sat evening. So far I love it BUT OMG the blind spots I discovered yesterday, I went to make a lane change, and I checked rear veiw mirror, side veiw mirror than looked back.. no one, so I started to inch in and did one more look and suddenly there was a car there, I swore there was no car there before.. Today I had to make a lane change to the left (I Was going into the right yesterday) and Did the same thing, then decided before even thinking about it to triple check, sure enough, there was a car, that I had not even had a clue was there.. On the ride home I kept checking like to test it, and sure enough it is a serious blind spot.

So What are some good ways to help? At this point I Am looking over my shoulder twice which honestly makes me nervous while driving to not be able to watch the road, for that amount of time. Blind spot mirrors?, set up the mirrors a certain way in the car(my dad swears by some method but I would need him there to show me..) Ideas if anyone has any to help with the blind spot.

I think it is weird that I didn't notice it until yesterday.

ADS

Lisa in WV

I wonder if a couple of those little inset mirros that go on the corner of the side mirrors would help you? We have them on our truck, and they're really helpful. I miss them when I'm driving our other vehicle.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
There was a post on the CS blog not too long ago that outlined the proper way to adjust your side view mirrors to avoid blind spots. It is the same way I have always done my mirrors and I have never had an issue not seeing a car in any of my vehicles.

Here's the link to Heathers great post!:thumbsup:
Adjusting mirrors

There was a post on the CS blog not too long ago that outlined the proper way to adjust your side view mirrors to avoid blind spots. It is the same way I have always done my mirrors and I have never had an issue not seeing a car in any of my vehicles.

Here's the link to Heathers great post!:thumbsup:
Adjusting mirrors

Thank you! I already ran out and did that with my mirrors, lets see how it pans out for my trip to get Julianna from school later:thumbsup:

beeman

As the pp said, convex mirrors are your best friend. Without them my bee truck has a blind spot big enough for a car to fit into (shoulder and mirror check), and convex mirrors completely eliminated that. If you get the ones that stick onto the mirror surface, think carefully about where the best place for them is. On my truck it's best on the outer/upper corner as that is just sky, however it may be different on smaller car mirrors.

crunchierthanthou

Oooh, new car. You really blew your budget. ;)

Is it the same platform as the Hyundai Veracruz? Because we test drove one of those and the back windows are worthless (back meaning by the 3rd row, not the the rear one). You can't see anything out of them and it does make for a big blind spot. The Tucson was the same way - terrible design.

Is it the same platform as the Hyundai Veracruz? Because we test drove one of those and the back windows are worthless (back meaning by the 3rd row, not the the rear one). You can't see anything out of them and it does make for a big blind spot. The Tucson was the same way - terrible design.

New car is the cause of the tighter budget lol:thumbsup: I was having serious steering issues with the minivan, and 3 different car places could not fix it, (one put new tie rods on it but I still could not steer properly) no one could figure out what the problem was. After I almost went off the road by the school on this steep curvy hill Keith said "Lets look for a new car, we should not be driving our family in this thing" So that's all it took (he got a new job too so that helped) I was researching vehicles like mad lol

yea it is similar to the veracruz... the back windows same thing you cant see ANYTHING.. I have no idea how I made it this long with out noticing.. I guess I just was being so super careful before cause I didn't want to hurt my shiney new car ;)

To watch for cops or cars coming up from behind, I have my mirrors adjusted a certain way.

You can use those blind spot mirrors, but they're too small for me. I just move. If you lean really far forward while looking at mirror, it'll give you the angle for blind spots. I always double check with a glance over my shoulder, but on some cars (apparently yours), that isn't too helpful cuz the windows don't let you see much.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC