My Coworker has her TINY 3 year old in a backless Turbo-Advice on how to approach

hrice

Please help me with articles, etc on how to educate my coworker of how dangerous this is. This child has growth and health issues and is tiny for her age. She weighs less than 25# and is the heighth of most 2 year olds. I know she doesn't meet the bare minimum requirements for th eTurbo but I really want to approach this from a safety standpoint. Please help. I am actually ahaking right now thinking of what would happen to this baby in an accident.

ADS

christineka

I might just state the minimums for use. The minimum for the graco turbobooster, backless is 40 pounds and 40 inches, I think. With the high back it is 30 pounds and not sure on hight. Even the cosco boosters have minimums of 30 pounds and 34 inches tall.

MomToEliEm

Here are a couple videos that might help:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m0hipjB-d8"]YouTube - Extended Harnessing[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2LFo8vVi04"]YouTube - The Importance of a 5 Point Harness Car Seat - Belle's Gift[/ame]

hrice

Thank you. I am not even going to suggest RF in this case. I am just going to focus on getting her into a harnessed seat. I plan on offering for her to borrow one of my seats until she purchases a seat. Well, I intend on telling her she can borrow it over the weekend that way she will get a seat ASAP.

NebraskaMom

LOL on the RFing...perhaps she'll buy a good convertible and after a couple weeks you'll be able to gently suggest "hey you can actually face little Suzy towards the rear of the car until she's xxx tall or weighs xxx"....though, depending on how resistant she is, she might look at you like you have 3 heads :eek:

hrice

LOL on the RFing...perhaps she'll buy a good convertible and after a couple weeks you'll be able to gently suggest "hey you can actually face little Suzy towards the rear of the car until she's xxx tall or weighs xxx"....though, depending on how resistant she is, she might look at you like you have 3 heads :eek:

Yeah. I have never been in this situation before. I have convinced friends to turn their kiddos back RF but have never encountered such a young kiddo in a booster (well one that I know that is).

It is breaking my heart. This baby has had so many health problems and had to have testing done because they couldn't figure out why she wasn't growing at all for like a year. Even more th ereason that this baby really should be RF but I have a feeling that is impossible here:thumbsdown:

leighi123

My 3yr old is the same size (his growth issues are due to food allergies, some with no symptoms other than preventing him from taking in proper nutrients and therefore preventing him from growing.

I've sat him in a few different boosters just for fun, and he doesnt even come close to fitting properly.

Hopefully you can figure out how to get her to get a new seat!

skylinphoto

My 2.5 year old is only 20-21 lbs and 34 in tall. I expect she'll be around 23 lbs at 3 years old. My kiddo also have growth issues and food allergies, btw.

I've tried her in a highback turbobooster just for fun..she's *close* to getting an acceptable fit. Your coworkers kiddo sounds bigger than mine so this may be an option if she's resistant to harnessing the kiddo.

I obviously hope she's open to harnessing the kid though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC