Very impressed with the New Cosco Scerena

babygirlsmom1005

ADDED OLD STYLE PICS.
New Style is Black Seat, Old Style is Pink Seat

We were in Target yesterday and I decided to play with the new Scerena.

Madeline is 5 years old, 37 lbs and 42 inches tall, she could still RF in this seat!

Picture time ;)

Here's my newly turned 5 year old :love:
33641_169225219758183_100000121171112_661274_5920859_n-1.jpg

Top Harness Slot Height (both seats uninstalled sitting on the ground/floor)
33641_169225233091515_100000121171112_661275_6040383_n-1.jpg
IMG_8860.jpg

Overhead room
69363_169226523091386_100000121171112_661289_6209780_n.jpg
IMG_8861.jpg

Full body shot in the seats (well Kinda with the old body style)
33725_169225779758127_100000121171112_661282_3796712_n-1.jpg
IMG_8859.jpg

Old Body Style Seat Installed (well above the top harness slots - I had them on a lower slot installed and didn't change them before the pic taken, but you can see, you cannot even see the top harness slot).
IMG_8858.jpg

For $54.99, this seat is amazing :eek:

Last edited:
ADS

babygirlsmom1005

Did you find it different from the original Scenera? Because, I find them the same.

Yes, very. Madeline has outgrown the original Scerena (over 35 lbs for RF'ing and her shoulders go over the top harness slots in it for FF'ing). Let me see if I can get pictures of her in an original tomorrow (we own one that she can no longer use).

NannyMom

Are her shoulders over the top slots when uninstalled? Because I think that bit of growing room you see would disappear when installed.

babygirlsmom1005

Are her shoulders over the top slots when uninstalled? Because I think that bit of growing room you see would disappear when installed.

Yes they are. I checked the original one in the living room and installed in 2 different vehicles, it was my backup for her, it's now the pretty pink flowery back up for my son LOL :p

BookMama

Senior Community Member
The 40 lb. RF Scenera is the same as the 35 lb. RF Scenera, though (some of?) the covers are new. I would attribute the difference you're seeing to it being installed/not installed. :twocents:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Maybe that promised model with the extra set of taller harness slots is finally materializing? We need measurements! LOL.

babygirlsmom1005

I didn't have my tape measure with me >.< I was actually suprised she let me play carseats with her in the store, as of lately it's "I'm too tired" or "My legs are too wiggly" as she falls to the ground in a dramatic performance :rolleyes:

pepsicola

I tried my 2 year old in it yesterday and I was surprised by how much room she had to grow. It might be less when it's installed, though. This is on my list of posibilities for when she maxes out her Ra50 rf in a few more pounds.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The 40 lb. RF Scenera is the same as the 35 lb. RF Scenera, though (some of?) the covers are new. I would attribute the difference you're seeing to it being installed/not installed. :twocents:

This is what we were told at ABC Kids Expo and the one they had on display appeared to be the same as the 35 lb. version.

babygirlsmom1005

Uploading pics now of the old one - Nope, they are different, the shells are taller on the new ones as well. Give me about 10 mins. and I've got old style pics of our (DOM 4/2009). She has outgrown the old style when installed and uninstalled (got both of those pics as well of the old style).

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Odd, I don't see much of a difference between the black and pink. She fits in the harness in the pink seat very much like she would fit into the harness of the black seat if it were installed.

babygirlsmom1005

Odd, I don't see much of a difference between the black and pink. She fits in the harness in the pink seat very much like she would fit into the harness of the black seat if it were installed.

There is only one pic of the pink seat installed (very bottom picture) - you cannot see the top harness slot at all and she wasn't in the harness because it was in a lower spot - the rest of the pictures are uninstalled and there is a differance ;) Heck the differance of the overhead room is a big differance.

Cryssy Jane

I find this so interesting. I have a 40lb scenera and 3 of the 2 year olds I watch have already outgrown it rear facing by height. The 14 month old isn't too far from outgrowing it rear facing either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC