Thumbs up to Graco service

cdncasper

I have a 2007 Safeseat that has lost half the stickers on the seat and all but the DOM on the base so I emailed Graco and about a week later (including a holiday) I now have a new Snugride 32 shell and base that my Safeseat cover will go on. DOM on the seat is Dec 15, 2009. They want me to send the old shell and base back so they can look at it.

After I found out the Safeseat had the stickers off I checked my USA Safeseat that I have (2007 model also) and yup, again most of the stickers are off the base and shell. The seat is about to go into the garbage soon anyways (was using it for demos) so not worried about it but just seems weird that the stickers are coming off the seats.

ADS

wavegal

My SS1 from 2008 had all the stickers come off the seat, but not the base. That's odd that its that common. I am guessing that maybe I should call Graco over this?

NannyMom

My 2008 Safe Seat had the stickers come off the Base. And Graco told me I was SOL :thumbsdown: It was fine to use without the stickers, as long as I kept the seat myself, and kept the manual with it :rolleyes: It was probably within 6 months of use when I called them about it.

Shanora

From my understanding Transport Canada has talked to Graco about this, which is why they issued you a new seat. It happened to a friend of mine, and they also sent her a new seat.

skitle1802

My 2008 Safe Seat had the stickers come off the Base. And Graco told me I was SOL :thumbsdown: It was fine to use without the stickers, as long as I kept the seat myself, and kept the manual with it :rolleyes: It was probably within 6 months of use when I called them about it.

Yep, got that same response from graco and evenflo. I'd settle for new stickers like SKJP does. They seriously need to invest in R&D to find a better adhesive.

Kobain's Mommy

All the stickers on my SS1 bases are gone and I have 4 bases. I have two SS1s. One has the English sticker still, the other has the Spanish sticker. Maybe I should get ahold of Graco and see what is up.

wavegal

Just looked again and my ss1 base has one sticker barely on(like an inch still glued) and the other side about to peel :mad:

I think I am going to call them, I was debating selling it so not having stickers is bad.

Spam

I was told sol, they're just stickers and all the info can be found in the instruction booklet.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I may call too. Mine has the base stickers just barely hanging on but almost completely off. The seat stickers are almost 1/2 gone too.

Maybe it's just a Canadian thing to replace the seat.

I'm planning on selling mine (to a friend and with the manual) but still.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
My stickers are long gone off both bases (dom 3/06) and peeling on my seat :( I guess I will just trash them when I am done with them.... will only have 1 year left anyways :(

cdncasper

When I called and left a message there was no call back so I emailed and the lady was super nice. Maybe graco canada is better at replacing seats.

amyd

When I called and left a message there was no call back so I emailed and the lady was super nice. Maybe graco canada is better at replacing seats.

I think Graco Canada has had some "encouragement" on this issue from Transport Canada. I have a Safeseat that's lost it's stickers too, although the National Safety Mark is still intact. It's a 2007 DOM too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC