Hi-way for a 2 month old.

finn

Would you use a Britax Hi-way for a 2 month old?

I am due in April and just realised that my capsule expires in June!! Which is such a bummer as it lasts most babies till one, fits in my car beautifully and snaps into my buggy.

So I basically have 2 options, buy a new capsule, or buy a hi-way and use it once the capsule expires, wwyd?

If it helps it will be winter here in June :(

ADS

Adventuredad

Hi-Way is approved from 0-25 kg rear facing but we normally recommend parents to start using the seat when kids can sit by themselves. This usually means at 4-7 months.

Winter in New Zealand is nicer than Swedish summer;-)

InternationalMama

I cannot imagine using the Hi-Way for a 2 month old, personally. The harness straps would be so far above their head that the crotch buckle would be in their face. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but I just can't imagine it working well, no matter what the labeling says.

I would personally buy another infant seat.

Plus how comfortable do you feel doing a 45-degree install with the Hi-Way? I know AdventureDad says it's possible, but my mind boggles at getting it to work in our car.

If you decide to do it, post pics! I'm curious

Joddle

I have used my Hi Way for a very long and skinny 2 month old and it fitted fine. However to get the 45 degree angle, it leaves the front passenger with barely any leg room.

delgirrrl

Hi Finn, in your position, I'd use a plunket rental scheme capsule. After all, you're only going to need it for a couple of months, so it seems a bit unnecessary to purchase. Alternatively, babyonthemove do rentals.

If you still have your meridian AHR, that may work? Personally I like a capsule for a baby though, particularly in winter, allowing you to get bubs all fastened in and blanketed up before heading out into that bitter NZ winter... hahaha...

finn

Hi Finn, in your position, I'd use a plunket rental scheme capsule. After all, you're only going to need it for a couple of months, so it seems a bit unnecessary to purchase. Alternatively, babyonthemove do rentals.

If you still have your meridian AHR, that may work? Personally I like a capsule for a baby though, particularly in winter, allowing you to get bubs all fastened in and blanketed up before heading out into that bitter NZ winter... hahaha...

I sold the AHR a long time ago lol dh can't keep up :) That's why I like the capsule :) it does kind of get cold here lol

If I get another capsule I really want/need another maxi cosi cabriofix as it fits into the adapters I have for my Bugaboo. Most bases dont work in my car (stupid very far forward of the bight buckles) and the European routing works best. I guess I could hire the snap and go wheels as well though.

Although I was thinking of getting a Quinny Zapp and using that with the capsule lol so many choices :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC