My turn...what seat to get?! ***LONG***

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
OK, so dh has agreed to adopting our youngest!!!!!! :love: I've been holding off getting another seat until I knew what our long term plans were! We have 3 cars that I keep fully stocked at all times. ;)

Kids in seats are: 3.5yr (x2 both FF) and 14mo (rf until at least 3, currently 24lbs 4oz and short with average torso)

2000 Suburban: Middle row: FF Britax FR85, RF Britax MA, Empty (folded down for easy access to 3rd row)
Back row: Empty, Empty, FF Britax FR85
2000 Grand Prix: FF Radian XT, FF Britax DC, RF Britax DC
1996 Dodge 3/4 Ton xtra cab: Need seat for FF (will be Maestro), Keyfit (need to replace, must have rf tether or anti-rebound of some kind...width is not a problem as it's really wide), Maestro

Sub is main ride. Dodge truck is 'daycare pick up' ride if I'm running late, or a kid is sick. DH's car is rarely used anymore for transporting all 3 kids. If he's going to transport, it's typically the 3.5yr olds since visits for the 14mo old have recently stopped.

Technically, I know I can move the DC to the truck to replace the KF and not put anything in his Grand Prix...but I LIKE to have the seats installed in all cars as I hate moving stuff around. RF tether is not required in dh's car, so I could go with a less expensive seat...though I will confess to being spoiled by Britax and their built in lock offs, solid installs and rf'ing tethers. Space IS an issue in this car as I'm doing 3 across. A rf Radian in his car is not an option as I'm 5'11". With the DC in there, we can still get the front seat all the way back. ;) With a Radian, I'd likely eat the dash, and I don't want to do that. Two Britax's puzzle really well together so it fits.

My thought was to move my MA to the truck and replace it with a BV70. It'll be installed in the center as the FR85 doesn't install well in the center. So SIP isn't critical. I don't care for the new MA (purely cosmetic...I think the head piece looks cheap, though I haven't seen it in person). I'd be fine with the new RA though.

I'm really opposed to anything Cosco. Sorry. LOL JMHO!!!

Oh, and to make this longer ;) The 3.5yr old in the FF DC in dh's car is only on the 3rd slots....he's got TONS of room. It'll last him until he's 6, easy. BUT, I could replace it and put it in the truck for the baby. And the other 3.5yr old in the Radian XT...is on the top slots with 1.5" to grow...yeah, waaaaaaaaaay opposite!! So, I could move the smaller twin to the XT, get something taller then a XT for the bigger twin and keep the baby in the other DC until it expires (2-3yrs). But, don't know what has taller harness height then XT that will work in a 3 across in the Grand Prix. The FR85 doesn't. I haven't tried the Maestro (which he has more room in)....hmmm.....

ADS

Spam

Have fun making a decision lol. If you want a new britax, it'd be a great reason to get one. They offer what you're looking for and you like britax. The truefit premiere would also work in replacing the kf, it gives you rebound control w/out the tether. I can never make up my mind on what seats i want, and switch around a lot :eek: Never satisfied, I only want it until I have it, then I want something else and with new seats coming out it's a vicious cycle.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Well redoing the Pontiac will not work without replacing at least 2 of the seats. The Maestro doesn't work in the center or outboard for a 3 across no matter what I paired it with. So it's out. We will have to stick with the XT and hope he doesn't outgrow it before 5 or 6. Hopefully by then, the car will be long gone.

The two Britax's (one rf and one ff) just puzzle so nicely together, I don't know what else would puzzle that well. So for now, I think I want to keep that car as it is. I will have to either move the MA to the Dodge and get a new seat in the Sub...or get a new seat for the Dodge.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC