Question Two radians in GMC Sierra with leather seats?

Calgarymom

Dear car seat gurus

I have a FF radian 65 and a FF radian XT and we are about to get a super deal on a 2007 GMC Sierra with extended cab (so the "real" backseat). I did a "test" install - there are two LATCH RHS and middle, and then seat belt for driver side passenger. My kids are better behaved with a gap between them.

They were super frustrating to install, and I was happy with the 65 on RHS with LATCH, but driver side with seat belt took two of us and was still frustrating / questionable?

Any advice for me? Also, the seats are leather, and I have never installed on leather (and we were just borrowing the truck to try it out). I was thinking of heading to Kacz Kids for seat protectors as I have a gift certificate to use. Are there certain ones that are best for Radians? and/or leather?

BTW 65 is for almost 5 yr old girl 38 lbs, and XT is for 33 month boy 33 lbs.

Thanks in advance, Nicole

ADS

chay

Don't waste your money on the seat protector - they aren't safe.

Leather in general is more challenging to install on. I don't have any experience with that particular vehicle but some cars really don't like Radians.

There is a list here -
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=67767
of techs and there are a couple in Calgary. I'm not sure who has a tonne of Radian experience but I'd recruit some help and see if they can help you get a good install.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC