I miss rearfacing.

menfusse

I wish E would suddenly decide she wants to rearface again. I look at all the RF pics and I get sort of jealous.

How weird am I? My kid is plenty old enough to FF, and that's what she chooses, but I secretly want to convince her without a doubt that she should RF until she totally outgrows all the seats she could RF in.

ADS

christineka

I wish that too. I'd like dd rear-facing rather than forward facing, untethered. Or, just to say, "my kid rear-faced to age 6 or 7". Dd is 5.75 years, 35 pounds and short. She rides in a radian that rfes to 40 pounds. She wants to be "big" and ride forward facing, though.

AmieRubyJonah

I want my nearly 6yo to rear face. Even she begs me to rear face. She is still under the limits for the RN XTSL'S, but alas I think it would be much to obvious to police that my seats are illegal :(

Mommy2Marcus

My 4 year old does not want to RF anymore either. I offered to let him RF over the summer a few times, but he always chose to FF. We now own all FF only seats, so it is not an option anymore. I do miss him RF sometimes though.

NannyMom

Sofi switched to FF a couple weeks ago. Monday, she switched back. Why? Because she wanted her pacifier :whistle: When she first climbed into a FF seat in my van, I told her no paci FF, hoping she'd climb into the RF seat, she handed me her paci. :eek: I sooo wanted her RF again. Will E take a paci? :whistle: ;)

btw- Sofi only has the paci in the car and in bed.

babyherder

Nannymom, that's brilliant!

menfusse, are you trying to rf E. until she's 18???? (Cause I may have to do that with my kids) However, I think that the next long trip you take rf would be MUCH more comfortable for her.

christineka

However, I think that the next long trip you take rf would be MUCH more comfortable for her.

I put dd back rfing for our recent vacation. She was more comfortable and slept during the long drives. I may put her back rfing for future trips as well. (It also helps with keeping her stuff in her seat.)

cookie123

I know. I was just thinking that yesterday as I handed Matthew his trains and his library books and he put them between his legs, how handy that was that he has a good place for them where they won't fall.

menfusse

Nannymom, that's brilliant!

menfusse, are you trying to rf E. until she's 18???? (Cause I may have to do that with my kids) However, I think that the next long trip you take rf would be MUCH more comfortable for her.

Yea, I actually am going to put her in the Avenue RF for her next Columbus trip. Unless the frontier really REALLY lets her sleep without flopping. We had the GN last time and it was pretty miserable. I actually stopped at a BRU on the way home somewhere and got some of those obnoxious after market harness thingies that are pillows? Suppose to hold the head up. They really don't interfere so I was surprised about that. The part that goes on the harness is thinner and shorter than the actual GN harness pads. Anyway, they helped some, but it looked like we were trying to smother her in her seat :rolleyes:.

The 5 and half hour drive became an 8 hour one because of it.

LMBO about RF until she's 18. I bet we could do to 1st grade maybe even second in the RN's, lol. But, no...I wouldn't turn her back full time unless she asked me to.

mydogteaser

Sofi switched to FF a couple weeks ago. Monday, she switched back. Why? Because she wanted her pacifier :whistle: When she first climbed into a FF seat in my van, I told her no paci FF, hoping she'd climb into the RF seat, she handed me her paci. :eek: I sooo wanted her RF again. Will E take a paci? :whistle: ;)

btw- Sofi only has the paci in the car and in bed.

I don't know when your dd turned four, but it's SO good to hear about another four-year-old paci kid. Ds gave his up in July at age 4 years, 10 months. He has Sensory Processing Disorder with severe oral sensitivities. He needed (and still needs) the oral stimulation that his paci offered. He only gave it up after being so sick that he slept fine without one for a few nights. Once he recovered he asked for it back and dh refused to let him have it. It was horrible and awful those first few nights, but I must say I am glad he is broken of it. After getting so much crap about it from family/friends from the time he was about 2 1/2 on, I am happy to hear he is not the only child in the world with a paci at that age.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC