Evelyn hates the Prosport

fyrfightermomma

Despite loving her YS, she hates the Prosport. I don't know what it is. They are very similar. But different enough that she hates it. She just says "it's bumpy." Whatever that means. We've tried for several months to get her used to it and she just won't.

She will not sit in it willingly and just sits in Sophia's Radian. That means Sophia is left with the PS which she also isn't a fan of.

Should we ditch it? I plan on full time boostering her in Spring. I'm not sure if I should sell it and get something else, or ride it out and make her sit in it until spring.

Money isn't an issue. I will buy another seat with the money I get from the PS so that's not a problem.

Is the Frontier 85 very similar? Is that a better option? She has a fairly long torso (she's on the top slots of the GN) but she's a light weight so we don't need a super high weight limit. Sophia would inherit it though and she's a chunker and has a very long torso as well.

She has a GN already and doesn't complain but the crotch strap annoys the heck out of me and the whole head slump for long trips thing.

Suggestions?

ADS

all together ooky

This sounds just like Gwen when she talks about the Vivo she has. She doesn't like it at all. "It's lumpy (behind her head) and hurts my back." She LOVES the Frontier. "It's squishy and the head things (wings) are good for sleeping."

fyrfightermomma

This sounds just like Gwen when she talks about the Vivo she has. She doesn't like it at all. "It's lumpy (behind her head) and hurts my back." She LOVES the Frontier. "It's squishy and the head things (wings) are good for sleeping."

Good to know another kid has a lumpy bumpy Recaro :p So she has no problems with the Frontier? Do you have the original or an 85? I think though they are the same squishy wise right?

Spam

I think the frs are the same squishy wise. I wish you were close to me, i just want to try the prosport, but no one carries it here. We have the fr85 and like it well enough, no complaints about anything really, sometimes i wish it had deeper sides, but that's just me. If it's not working for you, then i'd ditch it and get something else. Did you plan to use it in booster mode? No headslump at all in the fr85, hated that about the nauti.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC