Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

View Poll Results: If you are Canadian do you have or have you made up a carseat fact sheet or phamplet?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 14.29%
  • No

1 14.29%
  • Want to

5 71.43%

Canadian carseat phamplets . . . anyone have?

Calling all Canadians!
    Do you have or have you made up a phamplet or fact sheet on carseats? If you have one where did you get them? If you made one would you let me look at it? We have a MnM's (Mom n' Mentor's) program at our church and I would like to put in carseat info. in the package for all the moms. The Church told me if I came up with something they would print them. So what should I include?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Canadian carseat phamplets . . . anyone have?

The one I've seen is SGI's, and I don't recomend that. It's outdated and seriously innacurate for current reccomendations.
    I think the big things to put in there are rear-facing to the maximum weight of the seat, harnessed till 48lbs (don't our regulations suck?), and boostered until they pass the 5 step test and outgrow their booster seat. Definately reccomend to have the instal inspected by a tech, so they can be sure they are doing it right! Covering the latch system would also be good to have in there.

Carseat Crazy

Here's a link to Child Safety Link here in Nova Scotia.

http://www.childsafetylink.ca/safetyinfo-carseat.asp

If you scroll to the bottom there's a link to a PDF file called a Parent's Guide to Car Seats. It uses Nova Scotia legislated standards and is based on a similar book put out in BC. It's quite good.

HTH

Belinda

Try this link
    www.kidsinsafeseats.ca Its from Newfoundland, click on KISS Publications

Its my NL carseat Action Group, they have pamphlets you can download right off the sight, I worked on a lot of the originals (they have been updated many times since then!) But they are good.
    BethAnn
    Last edited by bbartlettnfld; 04-05-2007 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Adding more info

Canadian CPST, Mommy to ,
    E 12 5 Steps!
    N 7 Monteray, Prkway & Clek