I'm revoking DH's permission to install our seats

rodentranger

I drove DH's car to take the boys to school today since I took the seats out of mine to prepare for our trip next week. I knew *something* was off, but dismissed it because I was already massively late (like leaving the house at the time school was starting...). I'm fired. I won't dismiss it next time.:eek:
-CA's ff foot was in rf position while the seat was installed ff
-CA not tethered
-WZ harness waaaaayyyyy below YDS's shoulders (I did fix that one)
-WZ didn't have the shoulder portion of the belt through the locked locked-off, only the lap portion.
-WZ rf tether hook was upside down

But both seats were installed rock solid and the belts were locked. :thumbsup:

I just installed the stinking things in his car on Friday! I know they were in there correctly then. He only took them somewhere on Sunday, and as far as I know there was no reason to uninstall the seats.

This is after I went out as he was leaving with the kids a few months ago and went to kiss YDS and I could pull the harness about 1.5" above his shoulder.
You'd think that my being obsessive about car seats for the last four years would have taught him *something*. I have tried teaching him how to install our seats, but I think there's too much variety and too many seat specific quirks for him to keep straight. We do have four different seats.:whistle:

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's a good thing the CA was in with seatbelt.

I accidentally put the CA in with the foot down with LATCH once (that foot likes to slip!) and we couldn't loosen the LATCH strap at all! :eek: We ended up cutting the strap to get it out (I had a spare, luckily.)

sunnymw

Eep!!

It could have been worse though... IIRC you're allowed to install some Dorel seats w/ the recline foot in RF mode... right? I've read that somewhere... maybe in my Scenera manual?? Or it might have been the ComfortSport...

But either way.. they are installed correctly now. And it could have been worse. I had to reinstall DS2's seat the other day... it was FF with the RF belt path. DH had never seen it installed FFing and assumed there was only 1 hole :p

Reactions: Mae

Mae

It could have been worse though... IIRC you're allowed to install some Dorel seats w/ the recline foot in RF mode... right? I've read that somewhere... maybe in my Scenera manual?? Or it might have been the ComfortSport...

Scenera. :)

mayamac

mine too!
DH took the kids to the beach with his family, when they came back dd's my ride was in RF installed through the FF pathway. I looked in DH's car the other day (he picks up big DD from school) He had put in little dd's radian that has the straps for her to be RF, so big DD needs the top slot and she was in the lst slanted slot- like 4 inches below her shoulders! and he never attaches the top tether. Not to mention that he pitched a fit about me installing the seats on the plane and tried to demand that I left the attentant take them and stow them. It didn't help that when we got there his brother had his 2 kids. they flew with the baby as a lap baby and had no seat at all for the 5 year old- not even in the rental car- he was curled up sleeping in the back seat. DH was jealous of how light they traveled and made me look like a judgemental crazy person. :(

Mommy2Marcus

Yeah, my DH refuses to install a seat b/c of how anal I am. He does know how & I am sure he could do it IF he needed to. But he prefers that I do it, so that he does not get fussed at. :p I have walked hi through it several times & he has installed it once before did really good. But, who knows what might happen if I was not there to instruct.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC