Question ETO question - activities to attach?

jewey74

My son is almost 12 months old. We adopted him from Ethiopia when he was six months old. He didn't mind his smaller baby car seat when we could attach toys to it. Now that he is in the Evenflo Triumph Advance, he hates riding in the car. He doesn't mind it when he has toys to play with, but he is in the stage where he thinks it is great fun to throw everything into the floor. So, all the toys and pacifiers we give him, do no good.

My question is are there any kind of activity centers/arch systems with toys that hang down that would work with the ETO seat? We have tried letting him watch DVDs, turning on music, and giving him a pacifier/toys. NOTHING is working and I am about to lose my mind during car rides. Any words of wisdom or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd use a pacifier clip to attach a paci and small toys to his clothing.

If he's outboard you can use plastic loops to hang small toys from the handle by the roof.

I saw someone the other day had strung loops from one handle to the next so their child in the middle could have toys dangling. I figure a kid who needs those toys should be rear facing still, but I don't know how old that child was.

Wendy

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I saw someone the other day had strung loops from one handle to the next so their child in the middle could have toys dangling. I figure a kid who needs those toys should be rear facing still, but I don't know how old that child was.

I did that to quiet my oldest DD who HATED the car from day 1... We changed car seats, tried everything we could, and then my sister got her links one day... I went and bought like 4 packages and strung them up... It helped a little and was pretty nice for my sanity! :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC