Tell me it's ok

to have 2 different color seats & 2 different exp dates.

I'm hoping to scrape up the funds to by an Alma My Ride from a member here. It would still be a while before I could update the current seats for my other DD. I'm actually feeling weirded out by putting one DD in a My Ride while leaving the other in her Scenera & then weirded out that when I achieve the second My Ride that the Alma (w/ my luck) will no longer be available. But the actual biggest thing is that they will obviously expire at very different times.

I just need to get over it & do what I can do for now, don't I? :)

ADS

Momof4Girls

OK, in my car...I have 2 huntington Regents with diff DOMs (a few months apart...6? I forget), a Shannon BLVD, a brown RNXTSL (no clue on the name of this cover), and a black MCP. Oh, and sometimes, a Red Rock Monarch.

All totally diff DOMs and various colors, LOL. I used to have a denim WZ, too, before it expired....

kidzndogz

lol that would bug me too. Do they need the MR? I thought you had decided just to let them max out the Sceneras since they weren't really close to the limit? If you end up with two MRs you should get the Alma and then that pink bandana looking one Target had. So cute together. :love:

Did you still want to buy the Vivo I gave you?

lol that would bug me too. Do they need the MR? I thought you had decided just to let them max out the Sceneras since they weren't really close to the limit? If you end up with two MRs you should get the Alma and then that pink bandana looking one Target had. So cute together. :love:

Did you still want to buy the Vivo I gave you?

I tried them out in a CA for fun at BRU a weekend or 2 ago & they had a ton of room in it. Since I'm being offered the My Ride at a super great deal It's kind of silly to pass it up. So, while I don't totally need a new seat for weight (as at last weigh in a week ago they were 28lbs) the extra legroom for them would be nice & will help me go ahead & keep them RF to at least age 4. So all in all a better idea.

Yes, DS is doing pretty good in it. He's had a couple of times where he undid the seat belt or pulled out his arm, but he's otherwise doing well. So I need get you some moola too.

babyherder

Its ok. Most kids have different seats. Get the MR. If you still want/need another seat when you have the money, get another MR or a complete air if you like it better. Maybe one of your girls will be booster ready before the other so you'll be glad to have a harness seat left after the first expires. Maybe something new will come out that you want more than another MR. Maybe you'll find another Alma cover through a trade. Get the seat you need now and enjoy it.

pepsicola

Why not just get the My Ride now but not use it until you get another seat for your other daughter? That way you won't feel guilty about one being stuck in an old seat.

Also when you get the other My Ride I'm sure you can buy/trade for an Alma cover to match. Or maybe your girls will like having different covers and make them feel like they each have a special one-of-a-kind car seat.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Totally okay. DD's Husky and DS's Start don't match at all.

(Okay, I did order DD's new booster in the same color as the Start. And I am really excited about the seats in my car matching. But for two years it hasn't mattered! And before that with all the other seats it didn't matter! It's just... nice to have them match. :eek: )

arly1983

The different covers on same seat would not bother me at all. In fact, I would probably want them to be different. I found that out with the 3 moo cow seats: there can be TOO MUCH cow in one car!

I also couldn't pass up the great deal from a trusted source either. It wasn't very likely that you could have afforded to get them both new seats at the same time anyway, right?

kidzndogz

I agree! Totally get it. Maybe they can take turns riding in it. An Alma MR would match a Flutter (wtf is it called? You know, the purple Hawaiian butterfly lookin' one) too! How's the harness adjusting on the CA for you?

Whenever on the money is fine. I can just meet you since I'm farther now.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I used to have to have matching (or coordinating) seats...now I don't even care...but I have no clue why I stopped caring.

Now matching DOM's would never, ever in a million years cross my mind.

It WILL be okay.:D

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
DOMs that aren't the same is a great thing because you won't have to replace both at the same time.

:yeahthat: My Maestros are 1 day apart for DOM, my MA's were about 2 weeks apart, now are 10 months as Britax replaced mine when the whole bottom of the base cracked at 9 months old...

I prefer to have them spread out a little, so replacing won't break us financially all in one month!

Thx ladies, you've helped me feel better. While I know it's not really a huge deal, it was still buggin me a tad.

I think I agree w/ Alicia, the Alma & Flair just might look good together. Plus, it fits how we've color coded since birth. Bottles, paci's, sippies, toothbrushes, basically everything feeding/hygiene related, DD1 is pink & DD2 is purple & those covers will go w/ that theme. ROFL!

Louisa

CPST Instructor
The CPST in me wants to remind you that both seats are safe as they fit your car and your child, and i know you will use them correctly.

but...

The mom of twins in me can understand obsessing over being sure both children are equal, I had the same melt down over which of the twins to put in the third row, knowing that if any thing happened to the baby in the back row i couldn't live with my self.
I feel bad when one has more swim time, or one is wearing a handme down and the other a new outfit, when one has a prettyer diaper on etc. ugh being a twin mom can be rough, i agree both are safe, both are good choices, but i can understand worrieing.

hugs!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC