Jeep Patriot (2010) - 3 across - HELP!

luckyclov

DH currently owns an '09 Jeep Liberty. We currently have 2 Montereys, LATCH'ed outboard, and a RF CCO in the center. It is *tight*. The CCO will not fit FF once it's time to switch. I don't think the RN will, either. He's been looking at larger vehicles for a few months and I thought he had decided on a Ford F150 or Toyota Tundra CrewMax. Wrong.

He's come across a new Jeep Patriot that will basically be an even trade with no out of pocket $$ involved (we own the Liberty outright) and he thinks it's a great deal. 1). I don't like the Patriot in general. 2) The headrests are ridiculous. 3) I don't know how in the world we will do 3 across safely since it's smaller than the Liberty (he says the specs have the backseat measurements more generous than the Liberty - I don't see how).

I think it's a stupid idea. In fact, I *know* it's a stupid idea, but I can't quite convince him.

Also, if anyone has any pros/cons to this vehicle, I'd appreciate.

TIA. :)

So...is it even possible to do 3 across in the Patriot? Keeping the Montereys outboard because I am not interested in replacing them (I love the fit on my big kids)?

ADS

2girls4me

I have no idea how you would fit 3 across in the Patriot. We have an '08 Patriot and I've never been able to fit three across. We tried to fit two TB's outboard and a RF marathon in the middle, no go. When the regent and rf marathon are in the back there is maybe 6" of space in the middle. Not to mention there is NO leg room in the front for us with those seats back there. It's a PITA. We can't wait to get out of this vehicle.

luckyclov

It worked. He ended up with a Ford F150 SuperCab. And the best part is I replaced the CCO with a MA 70 in Cowmoo (love the CCO, it just wasn't going to last long with my gigantor kid)!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC