Should I buy a backless booster for field trip kids?

essnce629

I'm driving during DS1's field trip on Thursday. DS1 and DS2 will be in our car, but we have a Mazda5 which means I'll be able to take 2 additional kids with me. It's a second grade field trip (7 year olds) and DBF drove on DS's first grade field trip last year and not a single kid had a booster (even though notes were sent home saying to bring them). CA law is that kids can be without any kind of restraint once they are 6 years old OR 60lbs, so pretty much no one past 6 years old has any kind of carseat or booster from what I've seen at school. I already have a Monterey so I'm thinking I should put that in the car, but that leaves one seat without a booster. Should I go out an buy a cheap backless booster? I really don't see any of these 7 year olds being able to pass the 5 step test and it would really bother me to put a kid in my car with the seatbelt not fitting properly. Would the Harmony Literider be the best and most inexpensive choice? I see it's only $13.50 at Walmart. I have a Target right down the street from me but I think the cheapest option there is the $20 Turbobooster right? Walmart is 5 miles further from me. DS1 will be riding in his FR85.

ADS

TerisBoys

I would if it doesn't tax your budget - it'll ensure that everyone in your vehicle is seated safely, plus give you a lightweight booster for DS for playdates/other field trips.

NannyMom

Yes, I'd get one. And yes, the Harmony ay Walmart is the cheapest. Target might have a Cosco for $15, but I can't remember.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC