Question Backless booster

doriansmummy

I put Dorian in a Graco turbo backless booster and it fit well across the thigs, but the belt digs straight into his neck (like this). This is the first time I sat him in a booster and I am wondering what booster is going to be a better fit for him for our trip in Nov? I am looking into the Oobr, but sounds like that is out since we do not have LATCH and I do not want to spend that kinda money unless it is a superb fit.

Thanks!!

ADS

Aurezalia

It sounds like he just needs a highback booster for correct shoulder belt fit. Has he outgrown the TB or is there some reason you put him in a backless instead of a HBB?

doriansmummy

It sounds like he just needs a highback booster for correct shoulder belt fit. Has he outgrown the TB or is there some reason you put him in a backless instead of a HBB?

He is in a regent or radian in our cars, but we need a backless for our trip to Australia in November for 1-3 taxi rides. I have an expired TB that I just wanted to see how he fit, and it did not look good so now I am unsure of what to do.

Aurezalia

He is in a regent or radian in our cars, but we need a backless for our trip to Australia in November for 1-3 taxi rides.

Oh, if that's all you're using it for, the backless TB should have a sort of clip that attaches to the bottom part of the TB that you can use to adjust the shoulder belt. Do you have that part?

doriansmummy

Oh, if that's all you're using it for, the backless TB should have a sort of clip that attaches to the bottom part of the TB that you can use to adjust the shoulder belt. Do you have that part?

No, I do not. This was an expired seat I took from my SIL and it has nothing with it. How does that shoulder adjusted work?

NannyMom

:yeahthat: I saw some FFS in swap if you don't have yours. But since you say your borrowed someone's expired booster, if you're buying a new Graco one (either high back or backless), it'll come with the adjuster.

It's a fabric strip that connects to the back of the booster. It then has a plastic loop at the other end, that you loop around the shoulder belt. You can adjust the fabric strap's length, the pull the shoulder belt to the right position.

ETA: If you can, I'd get a high back turbo. It can be taken backless for your trip, and used as a high back when you return.

Aurezalia

I'm confused - is this seat expired? :confused:

I'd suggest you go to Target and spend the $25 on a backless TB. The "clip" (I'm not sure what it really is) attaches to the back of the TB on a strap and runs up behind to position the belt.

NannyMom

He is in a regent or radian in our cars, but we need a backless for our trip to Australia in November for 1-3 taxi rides. I have an expired TB that I just wanted to see how he fit, and it did not look good so now I am unsure of what to do.

I'm confused - is this seat expired? :confused:

I'd suggest you go to Target and spend the $25 on a backless TB. The "clip" (I'm not sure what it really is) attaches to the back of the TB on a strap and runs up behind to position the belt.

She was using it to test fit before she bought a new one ;)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yep.

If you get a TB with a back, you can use with the back later, and for your trip, it will come with the adjuster.

doriansmummy

Thanks NannyMom for clarifying. I am not using an expired booster, just was testing for how he fit in a booster.

Awesome thanks so much girls!!!:love:
This booster business is going to take some getting use to.:eek:

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Yes, if you plan to booster at home too, I'd get a high-back and just go backless (with the clip) for the trip.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC