Seat picks for a friend - help please!

ohiomommy08

I love that many of my friends are now coming to me when they need ideas for new seats for their kiddos!

My friend is looking for a convertible for her dd. Here's part of her email to me:
Okie doke...I need advice! I'm in the market for carseats for G and can't remember all that we talked about with which would probably be good for her. As of the beginning of September (8.5 months old), she was 18lbs, 10oz and 28 inches long. She has a long torso and I think that she will be a tall girl. Which carseats do you recommend for a tall toddler? Yes, I will be rear facing her, but she's getting close to needing out of her infant seat already. :)

As you can see, she's planning to ERF (I worked with her in the baby room for 2 years and she heard me talk about it enough!!) I'm just checking with you guys for good reccommendations. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure they drive a Jeep Liberty and a Jeep Cherokee - not sure of the years.

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking Radian XT (or other models? Which ones RF to 40 or 45 lbs?) Complete Air (what is RF weight?) True Fit (RF to 35 right?) Any other new seats they could consider? Maybe a clearance Marathon/Blvd?

Thanks for your help!

Laurie

ADS

Chely7425

I drive a 2010 Liberty and have/had both a RN80SL and a CA installed. The Radians install SO easily!! If they are both tall it may compromise a bit of leg room but it is a very easy install. The CA also installs pretty easily, the one with the base (LX model?) is easier... it also installs much more upright which is nice.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The CA rear-faces to 40 lbs., but has a taller shell than the Radian-- will last longer by height.

She might also consider the Evenflo Triumph Advance/65. Maybe the Momentum. Maybe the Symphony. Not AS tall but decently tall (a bit taller than the MyRide, IIRC.)

But, Radian or CA would be my 2 top choices for a long-torsoed young'n. :)

ohiomommy08

Thanks!

I sent my friend the link to this thread, so she'll be following along and maybe jumping in. Keep the ideas coming!!

Laurie

Chely7425

Well, if she can answer (or if you can find out) it would help to know what year their cars are :D The radians are not nearly as easy an install in the older body style jeeps!

ohiomommy08

I just heard back from my friend and they drive a 2001 jeep grand cherokee and a 2006 nissan altima. (Apparently they got a new car after I moved away a few months ago!!

Any other ideas for them? Does anyone happen to know which seats might be at which B&M stores? There is a BabiesRUs and even a Buy, Buy Baby plus Target, Walmart etc.

Oooh - I just remembered all the great reviews on car-seat blog. I'll have to send her linkies to them!

Thanks for your help!
Laurie

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Babies R Us has all the seats listed except the Radians in-store, and more. Target has the CA, MR, EFT65, and some Britax seats, as well as a bunch of not-as-great ones. ;) Buy Buy Baby's stock varies by location, you can call and see what they have. Radians are not commonly found in-store, you often have to go to a specialty store to find one in person.

Babies R Us will almost always let you try seats out in your car. Target and Wal-Mart will not. Buy Buy Baby I'm not sure of. Specialty stores usually will.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC