School me on the Clek Oober!

doriansmummy

I am thinking maybe this is the booster I would like to buy, but I am wondering if it is worth that sticker price? I am only looking now as we are going on our trip in Nov and need a backless booster for then so it got me looking at boosters, we will still use the Regent/Radian for car rides until he outgrows. Then we will use it when he is ready to be in a booster full time.

We do not have LATCH in either of our cars. We have a 2001 Mazda MPV and 1999 Subaru Outback.

Any input?

I really, really like the skurvy pattern.:love:

ADS

monstah

I had one and really loved it when we were using LATCH. But there is no way for me to get an ERF car seat for DD2 and still use a LATCH position for DS so I just couldn't stomach a $300 seat sitting there, not using LATCH when I would be equally as comfortable with a Turbo. I hope that ramble made sense. Anyway, it's really an awesome seat. The fabric is awesome, the height adjuster is awesome, the way it positions the belt is awesome. But I *personally* don't think it's $300 awesome. Unless you have LATCH.
Another thing that always nagged at me was that the crash tests by transport canada on the latched Clek LBB (not the Oobr) were a little unsettling.

hsjwmom

I wouldn't use it unLATCHed. I actually moved dd1's Oobr to the 2nd row today because the 40 side of our 60/40 3rd row is stuck in the closed position. Since neither position on the 60 side is LATCH compatible with a booster, I'd rather dd2 ride there in her Monterey. The Oobr is HEAVY.

Honestly, I regret its purchase. Based on my kid's build, I think a Monterey would have been a much better choice. At twice the price, the Oobr wasn't worth it. That being said, dd1 still loves it, lol.

firemomof3

My daughters love the Oobr. It fits them both so well; they are lanky & tall so the Oobr is perfect for them. It also fits vehicles nicely because of the adjustable recline on it.

doriansmummy

My daughters love the Oobr. It fits them both so well; they are lanky & tall so the Oobr is perfect for them. It also fits vehicles nicely because of the adjustable recline on it.

Do you have LATCH or have you used it without LATCH. My son is not long and lanky, but he is on the smaller side with shorter torso.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
My DS is tall and lanky and we didn't like it. There was no leg support. It was also nearly impossible to buckle in one of our cars. I would DEFINITELY try before you buy. And really pay attention when you try it instead of giving it a cursory glance and thinking its fine because you want it so badly. (I speak from experience...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC