New XTSL shadow

dawnp15

The delivery man just brought me my new xt and i'm starting to notice a few things that are different than my other xtsl. First the latch strap is black not red like the older model. The latchplate (is that what it's called?) is still the same as the newer model. It's not the push button one like the older xt's. There are no strings or ribbons on the support pillow either. I guess it just sits inside the seat now? I know this is a new cover and i really like the look of it, i think it looks really sharp. But it stinks like chemicals really really bad, and i notice almost a film on my fingers after touching it. So i'm not really likeing that very much! Oh also where the cover velcros under the wings seems differnt too. There's like a tab of fabric that sticks out now.

Is anyone else's seats different like this? I add pics in just a little bit i'm charging the camera batteries right now :thumbsup:

My little helper wanted to be in all the pics lol!!!!
DSC_0907.jpg

DSC_0909.jpg

DSC_0910.jpg

DSC_0911.jpg

DSC_0912.jpg

I will get more once i install it!

Last edited:
ADS

rodentranger

I actually called SK about the black LATCH straps. They are not pleased about it. lol The company they get them from botched the order and sent black webbing instead of red. It's going to make it harder for them to be able to help people over the phone since they can no longer say "Do you have red straps or black?" if the person doesn't know if they have an SL seat or a regular one.
My new XTSL came in the same shipment to SK that your seat did, but I picked it up directly from them. Mine didn't smell chemical-y at all. I got a red one. I wonder if it's the cover color?

dawnp15

Yeah it is more slick and then the all black is plush. I think the reason i like it is cause it goes with our vehicle so well lol!! We have a black Tahoe with grey interior. That really stinks for SK about the latch straps!! They say that's why they wont make a toddler RF boot, cause they dont want to confuse consumers!

JerseyGirl'sMama

SKJP recently replaced my Radian and my SL strap is black too. I much prefer it to the maroon, but I understand that it will make it harder for them to identify it over the phone.

And that cover does look a lot like the Britax Onyx, which IIRC, got the worst rating as far as off-gasing goes. :thumbsdown:

Holly

I bought a brand new onyx RA50 cover a little over a month ago. It didn't smell funny at all but the underside that touches the seat felt like it had a gummy residue. I washed it before I put it on my seat and it left black gummy streaks in my washer, and then left streaks on the plastic shell of the seat. I still don't know what it is, but it wasn't on the side of the cover that Josh touches so I don't care too much. I washed it a 2nd time after he threw up in it recently and it still feels gummy underneath but it didn't leave gunk in my washer the 2nd time.

babidius

How are you liking this cover? I was just in an accident today and need to replace my Boulevards. I had planned on getting new seats in a few months anyway but I am having a hard time with the Radian cover choices. Thanks! Jen

HayleyCPST

My new XTSL came in the same shipment to SK that your seat did, but I picked it up directly from them. Mine didn't smell chemical-y at all. I got a red one. I wonder if it's the cover color?

I have an 08/10 XTSL which also has black straps. I have ventura. I did call Russ though because I was confused and he told me they changed the color because people were complaining about it being too bright?? I liked the maroon...anyways

ctbcleveland

I can't stand the maroon straps. Maroon straps should only be used on a maroon seat. They could do something MUCH more subtle than introduce a very obvious color change to distinguish between an old seat and a new one. How about grey?

dawnp15

How are you liking this cover? I was just in an accident today and need to replace my Boulevards. I had planned on getting new seats in a few months anyway but I am having a hard time with the Radian cover choices. Thanks! Jen

I like the cover and it matches our truck nicely. We have a black Tahoe with gray interior. Plus DS has A LOT of carsick issues, so i think this cover with be much easier to clean up than others. I just wish it didn't smell so chemical-aly!?!?!?! I'm letting it sit out of the box for now until i have a free moment to install it. I hope some air time will help that lol!!!

babidius

I ended up ordering 2 today for my boys, it does look like it will wear well. Your pics are much better than one of I have seen online. I plan on airing them out, too Thanks!

babidius

I just got my seats today and I love them. I thought the Boulevard was heavy, the XTSL is super heavy. The poor delivery guy carried both at once in the rain. My covers aren't super smelly like I was expecting.

dawnp15

I just got my seats today and I love them. I thought the Boulevard was heavy, the XTSL is super heavy. The poor delivery guy carried both at once in the rain. My covers aren't super smelly like I was expecting.

Wow that's a lot of weight to carry all at once lol!!!! Well i'm glad that you didn't have a smelly problem like i did, but some air time has helped it. I'm really glad you are happy with your new seats, isn't it fun to have new seats to play with :whistle:

babidius

Not only was he carrying 2 in the rain but up a hill and 10 steps up out deck to carrying them in the house. We have an invisible fence for our dog and he remembered where the boudary was, I guess he wanted to make sure the dogs weren't out. I had put them away since I saw they were being delivered yesterday. He was very nice, he saw how pregnant I am and wouldn't let me help.

My boys wanted to sit in the seats immediately. It was good because I was able to adjust the straps. They really enjoyed the boxes the seats came in, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC