Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

$50 free. New service similar to paypal

My friend just told me about this so I signed up. This new site, www.paybox.me, is officially launching in 2011 but if you sign up now as an "early bird" you get $50 free in your account. You can also earn up to $20 per day by taking surveys and staying subscribed to their blog.

You can't transfer your money out until they officially launch in a few months and you must take at least 1 survey per week to keep your account active.
    I don't mind that though, I just took one of their surveys and it was super easy, just asking about where I have shopped online this past week, if I made any purchases, etc. It took less than a minute.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass this on. It seems really cool!
    Last edited by lovinwaves; 10-11-2010 at 03:08 PM.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member mommy2env's Avatar

Re: $50 free. New service similar to paypal

What information do you have to provide? Do they ask for your credit card or checking account information?

Name, e-mail address, birthday (I think, I'm trying to remember, they might not ask for birthday.) You have to create a user name and password. They don't ask for any bank or CC info.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

How much do you get for each signup through your link?
    Homeschooling mama to safely transported kids-
    DD1- 11/2001 - 61.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)
    DD2- 11/2004 - 62.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)

Senior Community Member mommy2env's Avatar

Their site says $5.

Hm. I'll look into it. I do a lot with Paypal, and don't like where they've gone with the fees. I tried Revolution Money Exchange, but it never took off.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Actually, more important than my preference that people say when they're linking to something for which they get a kickback is this quote from the terms of service:

All account balances are held in PayBox currency. PayBox maintains a currency that is autonomous and independent of all nations and governments. The PayBox currency is denominated in dollars and cents (similar to the currency of the United States and over 20 other countries).
    When they use "dollars" and "$", they don't mean USD.

Sign up if you like, there is (I hope!) no harm to it, but when it shows your balance as $55, don't think that in January you'll be able to get 55 US dollars from them.
    Homeschooling mama to safely transported kids-
    DD1- 11/2001 - 61.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)
    DD2- 11/2004 - 62.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)

$5, but you can sign up without a referral link too. www.paybox.me or type it manually into the window. The link in my OP is a referral link.
    Mom to:

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    $5, but you can sign up without a referral link too. www.paybox.me or type it manually into the window. The link in my OP is a referral link.
    You may put your referral link in this thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=110005
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

11. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by lovinwaves View Post
    You may put your referral link in this thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=110005
    Oops, sorry. Thanks for editing it for me.
    Mom to:

I didn't have to enter much. I figure I may as well. I might get something good out of it. Thanks!
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

Senior Community Member APmama2MAK's Avatar

My "balance" is over 200 bucks now, I am interested in knowing how the end payout will be, if they will say our money is worth like blank % of a real dollar ETC or what. I cannot imagine they could actually afford hundreds of dollars x thousands of users lol. I figure if I make 5 bucks and I have to take a short survey a week *shrug* worth a shot :-)
    Dot (21), natural parenting SAHM to
    Michael *06/22/07* (43" 33#)
    RFing in an a TF C670 and Radian 80SL

It sounds like they plan to have it close to the value of US dollars. This is from their TOS also.

The PayBox currency is currently in a closed system, and cannot be exchanged or spent. Before long we plan to open our currency to be spent and exchanged just as you can with any other currency. Our plans include person-to-person transactions (via the Internet and over cell phone text messages), integration with merchants and shopping cart systems, debit card transactions (through an issued debit card linked to your account), and more. The value of our currency is estimated to be close to that of the U.S. dollar. As is the case with any currency, once the PayBox currency becomes openly exchangeable, its value as weighted against other world currencies can and will fluctuate due to forces beyond our control
    Any money is cool whether it's just a little or a lot.
    Mom to:

Senior Community Member BigDaddy's Avatar

There's some speculation online that this may be tied to Damon Westmoreland. He's the guy that has pulled numerous scams, including GreenZap which was nearly identical to paybox.me.

It's funny, because some of the sites reporting that this is most likely a scam have created paybox.me accounts "just in case".

17. Thank You from:

Senior Community Member APmama2MAK's Avatar

So if its a scam, how does it work? Does he profit off of the website itself being visited or ppl signing up? He doesnt have anyones info to scam them personally at this point. Just curious since Ive been skeptical and trying to figure out how this could go bad lol
    Dot (21), natural parenting SAHM to
    Michael *06/22/07* (43" 33#)
    RFing in an a TF C670 and Radian 80SL

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by APmama2MAK View Post
    So if its a scam, how does it work? Does he profit off of the website itself being visited or ppl signing up? He doesnt have anyones info to scam them personally at this point. Just curious since Ive been skeptical and trying to figure out how this could go bad lol
    Here's an article about the previous GreenZap scam.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

20. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by UlrikeDG View Post
    Here's an article about the previous GreenZap scam.
    Guess I'd just be wasting my time with it then. Oh well.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)