2004 Hyundai Accent

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
What can you tell me about it? Anyone have experience with it? I'm concerned about how RFing seats will install in it where it's so small. A friend is selling hers and we need a new commuter car for DH so DD would rarely be in it, but eventually we'll have another child as well so that means two seats in it.

ADS

April

I had a 2000. I loved it. Super cheap on gas and pretty cheap to fix. I had a RF Radian in mine and it rendered the front passenger seat completely useless. I suppose it depends which RF seats you have. I'm sure a TF or MR could fit if installed more upright. Is thereanyways you can try some seats out in it before you buy?
Posted via Mobile Device

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Thanks. I can definitely try the seats out first. It's a good friend of mine selling it so she will understand if I have to spend some time playing with seats before making a decision. I have a MR65, MA, Scenara 40 & Triumph65, plus I borrowed a friends RN to play with so that'll give me some good options to try :thumbsup:

Jonah Baby

Pieces of junk. There are much better small cars in the same price range, IMO.
I sold my '04 Accent today actually. It only had 57,000 miles on it.

MY Accent's tranny was already on the way out. If we didn't change the plugs and oil every 2-2,500 miles the car ran like crud. It ATE batteries (we went through 3 in the year I owned it). It does NOT get the stated 26mpg, more like 20-22 around town. I didn't do much highway driving so I can't tell you about commuting with it - I didn't highway drive much because the car blows around at higher speeds, HATES (could've been due to the tranny going of course) shifting out of 3rd to get to highway speeds, and tries to rattle itself apart IF you can convince it to hold a steady speed (anywhere, not just highway.)
3 months after I bought the car the check engine light came on for a small evap leak. We sold the car today to someone else with the light still on - it failed August inspection. Took the thing to FOUR different mechanics who couldn't find the source throwing the code, which would throw itself a day or so after deletion. I did some reading over the winter about it, apparently this is a common problem with the Accent's and all the simple fixes it sometimes is we tried.
The car bottoms out on EVERYTHING.

For the positives, though, because we do know a few people that had reliable Accent's...
It fits Radians rear facing like a dream. I was able to get (and Tech checked) my Radian at a 30* upright or as reclined as 40* in this car. To get upright, you have to brace it which I did behind driver because I'm short.
This car has very strange shaped seats, making some seats difficult for installs, but I don't recall anything that was impossible to do.
I've had a SnugRide32 with base, rear or forward facing MyRide, Frontier85, rear facing Radian, rear or forward facing Britax convertibles, rear facing True Fit (NO head rest, though, head rest absolutely will NOT fit.) The only things I couldn't do were 3 across and a center and middle install to leave an adult's seat open. I think the only combo you could do for a center and outboard install would include a Coccoro and Radian.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC