Which Seat FF?

Chely7425

Say you have a 36/37 pound 3 year old... and a Complete Air and a Radian 80SL. Which seat would you use FF? The seat will be going outboard behind the driver's side. Whichever seat the 3 year old doesn't use will be used RF by an almost 2 year old or or a 6 month old.

ADS

Chely7425

Yeah I am torn...

I like the CA FF because he will be by a window and I like the headwings, plus the infinite harness is really nice FF... and that seat is just a PITB to install in my car RF, doable but annoying.

I like the RN FF because of that extra bit that goes in the top tether... plus the CA install a bit more upright.... but it doesn't tether. I guess either works really.

Chely7425

Once the CA is installed I like both RF... I just hate installing it. I think if I had to use the CA RF I would buy the one with the base and keep using the non base one I have as a spare seat. I really like the RF tether on the RN.

Chely7425

LOL yeah... tomorrow I shall play carseats :D Hopefully I can fit:

FF CA/RF RA/RF RA
FF CA/RF RA/FF RA
FF CA/FF/RA/FF RA

Hopefully the can get the RA in there a tad more upright...

rodentranger

Would the 2 yo and 6 mo be using the rf seat regularly. As in, would you need to be changing the harness frequently? If so, I would use the RN ff and the CA rf hands down.

Chely7425

Sorry, I have 2 Radians and a Complete Air :) 1 of the 3 will be FF the other 2 will be RF so each seat will be adjusted for a kid. I just didn't know if there was some safety reason why one seat would be preferred for FF or not.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC