My DD in some seats, AKA which new seat to choose?

Laurette

So we were in an accident two weeks ago, it ended up totalling our car, which is ok because I didn't like it anyway... And we have a new to us 09' Mazda 5. :love:

We should be getting a check to replace the carseats that were in our vehicle tomorrow or soon there after. So now the fun part, NEW SEATS!!

I thought I was settled on the MyRide for Lilly because I want the Flora seat soooo bad. So much so that I have that cover sitting in my closet but do not own the seat. lol But now that I have been to scope out seats I am not sure I love the way she fits in the MyRide. We tried out the MyRide and the new Flutter CA65!

Here are the pics;

MyRide
1bc9b621.jpg

624c460b.jpg

Pretend I took the time to move the strap height down... She would be using the third from the top slots.

CA65
a651741b.jpg

cecca9d3.jpg

0dfe7052.jpg

I really hate the cheap webbing on the CA, it is practically the same as the Scerena and it just sucks. And of course I hate the infinate harness too and the chest clip is annoying. But I love the look of it and DD fit quite well, there are MILES of shell over her head.

The MyRide, I danno, She just looks funny in it. It doesn't seem like it will last very long, but I'm probably wrong concidering she will be 2 in three months and I will likely not RF her past 4 years old.

Another thing I like about the CA is that it will match and blend in with the black interior of the new car and just look super spiffy and sporty. I am also concidering getting DS the Breakers Nautilus because it is solid black and I think it will look nice, again because it matches the interior. *sigh* I just can't decide... and I'll probably end up getting BOTH!!! hhahahahaha

And as a reward for getting this farl here is a pic of my beautiful new car! Tonight I told DH, "Who needs a baby, we have a new car to spoil.":D

16d58e2e.jpg

ADS

glockchick

Well, I love the way she fits in the CA, but I have the same gripes about it as you do so I probably wouldn't get it for that reason.

I love the idea of the MyRide, but I don't like how huge it is and how reclined it is ffing.

I'd probably get the RN if it installs well because of the rear facing tether and the higher weight limit. Rebound control is important to me.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I would get the MR. When FFing, I would check if I could get it upright, if not, I would sell then (yeah right) and buy a new seat.

mydogteaser

DD has the MR and she loves it. I love it, too. The FFing recline has never bothered her and I think she prefers it over her other seat (GN) in dh's car. When she falls asleep in the GN, she has the head bob and then wakes up kinda cranky. Never an issue when she sleeps in the MR. Ds has even expressed a desire for the MR, but he is too tall for it. So, I would get a MR and do what the pp's posters have suggested on selling it in a few years and getting something else for your dd if she outgrows it sooner than you would like.

Your dd, btw, is a super cutie pie!

arly1983

I picked a MR over the CA. I don't like the CA harness AT ALL!

I though S didn't like the MR but now have figured out he doesn't like RFing. Oh, yeah, and carseats. :eek: ;)

The myride is not over reclined in my van FFIng and I think it will make a great FFing seat so just try it.

rodentranger

I would go for the CA simply because she has more room in it. My ODS had about an inch before he outgrew the MR and two inches before he "technically" outgrew the CA. He still has several inches left even though he 42" and 2" over the stated limit.

Sarah62008

Senior Community Member
I would go with the CA. It looks like it will last her longer. I don't like how the MyRide fits FF.

Spam

Try installing the MR, a lot of the time you gain more room when it's installed. I love how it cradles and the high sides. The CA, i dunno, those headwings would bug me and probably A too, they look really confining so i haven't played with it much. If they all fit your car and your child, it's really personal preference.

Kiss Me Deadly

Haha! You sound like me... My husband totaled his car a couple of weeks ago... He inherited my XTerra, and I got a Mazda 5!!

He didn't have seats in his car, so we didn't get to shop for new ones, but I am still on the prowl since baby #3 will be here in March!

Congrats on the car! You will love it more each day!

P.S. Have you found the under seat storage and the iPod plug-in yet?? :love:

NannyMom

I like how supportive the My Ride is over the CA. When I had my 1 year old in the CA, she'd fall asleep, and her head would fall forward, and to the side, and be under 1 of the head wings. It was weird, and I hated it. And I don't think it was even as upright as 30*.

I'd probably get the My Ride and when she turns forward facing, re-evaluate seats. When it's installed, and she's properly tightened, I bet you'll see more growing room.

aeormsby

Are those the only 2 you're considering? What about the Truefit?

I'd probably go for the Myride for RF over the Complete Air, just because. But I don't love the recline for FF, it seems more reclined than the Britax seats and depending on the vehicle our MA's are too reclined for my liking FF.

Laurette

Yes, as of now these are the only two seats I'm concidering. We had a Truefit and the sholderstraps were too wide set for her and the straps kept slippign off her sholders. I allready have a Radian and it doesn't fit behind the driver and still give enough room for DH to drive comfortably.

Right now she is in the RA50 and that is working fine. I will probably go with the MyRide because I've wanted one for so long. Plus, I think the cuddle one is cute and will match the Wilkes Nauti cover I allready have for DS. And I can switch it out to Flair when the interior clashing starts to bother me. Now I need to decide on which Nauti cover to get to match Flair, Either LaGrange or Galaxy.

Joyofbirth

Wow, she's gotten so big. I love the cuddle myride too. It's so cute. I would get lagrange for your nauti to match flair. Sorry abot your accident, but congrats on the new car. It's pretty.

3acorns4Christy

I have the same MR for Joel, and I love it. Even FF. Actually it's his favorite seat because it doesn't sit straight up. In our truck the seats are so inclined that all of his seats FF have been as upright as possible, he hates it. So with the MR he gets to lean back and loves it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC