Question 99 Camry

kidnurse

Our sitter has a 99 Camry, which I believe does not have latch. I have not been able to figure out how to lock the seatbelt. My son rides RF in a TF in her car, so to this point it has not been a problem. At his 2 yr check last week, DS weighs 33 lbs, so we are pushing it with the 35lb RF limit. So is there a way to lock the seatbelt that I am not aware of, or am I going to have to deal with a locking clip? We have a radian XTSL and a CA, one of those two are going to have to go in the sitters car, unless there is a high weight RF seat I am missing that has lock offs?

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
A '99 will have locking seat belts. Plus your true fit has lock offs, so not really seeing the issue here.

jjordan

I think she wants to switch out the TFP for the radian or CA since her ds is nearing the RF weight limit of the TFP.

OP - I think that your babysitter's car has switchable retractors, which means that you need to pull the shoulder belt all the way out (slowly) to put them in automatic locking mode. Install the seat nice and tight, then hold the shoulder belt tight with one hand while you pull the belt out with the other hand, then let all the slack go back into the retractor. You should be all set!

If, for some reason, you can't get a good installation and you want to use a seat with lockoffs, you could try one of the new Britax seats. They RF to 40# and have lockoffs - at least, the marathon70 and on up have lockoffs. I don't know if the Roundabout 55 does.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC