Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Travel to the USA

So, my 4 year old and I are going to be traveling from Winnipeg to Toronto hopefully within the next 3 months for a medical appointment. Our surgeon also said that he might send us to Cincinnati for the same reason. Now, would traveling to and within the USA with a car seat on the plane be the same as within canada?
    When we get to Toronto, we may end up taking a shuttle to the hospital, of course, I'd have to look more into it, but I'm going to guess a shuttle is some type of bus.........can I take a car seat on the bus?

Sorry for all the dumb questions. I just want/need to be prepared when the time comes. We've been waiting a long time for these appointments, so if they call and say we're going a week later, this will be one issue I don't have to worry about!
    ~CRST with CPSAC~

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Travel to the USA

I would say in the US, a "shuttle" is usually a van perhaps even just a taxi.
    Three cool kiddos:
    DS1 - 2/06 - HBB
    DS2 - 8/09 - ERF
    DD - 8/14 - RF

The shuttle might be a 15 passenger van in which you could install the seat. Or it might be a bus, in which case, you could take the seat on with you probably but not actually use it, although it might not be a bad idea to have some sort of bag to put it in to keep it clean in case they want to put it with the luggage instead.
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

I could be wrong, but my guess is that you won't have any issues with use of your carseat on any plane or vehicle within the US. Our seats are almost identical and, in most cases, no one even checks them.

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...