AOE install vs. Complete Air

henrietta

So, does the front (foot area) of the CA look just like the front of the AOE? Does it install the same rearfacing?

I'm looking for options to keep my 2 yr old rearfacing that would work in my stupid, much hated van ('97 Chrysler Town and Country).

When I've installed the AOE (well, tried...) in this van, I found that it does NOT work on the second row captain's chairs, no matter what (noodles, recline seat back, etc). It cannot be installed tightly, leaves a huge gap b/t the seat back and car seat, and hangs off the front edge of the seat. The seat back is just much too contoured for the AOE.

Any chance the CA is different and might work?

Thanks!

henrietta

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
the shell is the same, and it is baseless. The install is exactly the same as a baseless AOE install.

sunnymw

the shell is the same, and it is baseless. The install is exactly the same as a baseless AOE install.

The non-LX version is the same, but the LX version has a base that looks identical to the AOE bases. I've never played with one so I can't comment on the installs though. :)

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
The base on the AOE & CA LX work the same way, pull the handle to recline and that's about it. The CA LX is easier to install. When AOE's come into checks to rf we normally take the base off. The CA base isn't removable, but since it's an easy install there's no need.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC