My successful install in the 3rd row

emtb79

I was trying to find a way to install seats effectively in my van for 6 kids. Well I got it after dreaming about it for a week. Yes I said dreaming the answer came to me in my sleep. So this is what I came up with. 2 yr old, 3 month old, and 5 yr old in the back. The 6 wk old is in the 2nd row passenger capt chair. That leaves the days that I occasionaly have thed 5.5 and 4.5 yr olds they go in the plus one and driver side capt chair. The only problem is that I have to buckle the 5 yr old in before I put the infant seat in. And for good measure I put in 2 pictures of RF tether.
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

ADS

DahliaRW

That's exactly how I had to buckle ds1 when I did 3 across the back of our van (with my SS1 in the middle). Reach through the base. It works well!

NannyMom

congrats on the 3 across. I know lots of people here are fine with RF tethering to the other seat's TA. But, I don't like it. But, that doesn't mean you have to listen to me ;)

What seats are you putting in for the other 2 kids?

emtb79

I have 4 seats to choose from so whatever fits from them... 2 radians, Generations65, and True fit Premier.

Nannymom- on the TA from the front seat I dont really like it either I cant slide it forward. But after watching the crash test photos and the rebound effect the seat does with the rear window close behind.

The next thing is to go to Babiesrus and get some "cling shades" to put on the back window because the sun is in the baby's eyes and I cant rotate it forward with BLVD there. It doesnt have room. BUt of course only static cling.

Oh and the problem with the newly 5 yr old sitting in the booster has gotten better as the week went on. I didnt have to remind him to sit back or even tell him that if he was going to a harness if he didnt sit still. I found that the best place for him was in the back where he didnt have to turn around to look at anything.

NannyMom

Just a note on the static cling shades at BRU.... I bought a big blue one (fisher price maybe?) a couple years ago. It was big enough, to cut to fit my van window. But, it was horrible. At night, I couldn't see out the window. NOT good when on the beltway ;) Just :twocents: so maybe you don't waste your money on that one like I did ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC