Bad accident but 17 mos old was RF in an Evenflo Triumph Advanced

Alynys

I usually just lurk here but had to post. I was in a very bad accident that totaled my 2003 Ford Windstar. My son was RF in his carseat and had not a mark on him. He had obviously no pain as he was running around the ER room while I was being X-Ray'd. I had always turned my older kids FF at just over 1 but since learning so much here knew better this time. I have pics of the vehicle but not sure how to upload them from my email to this forum. Thank you so much for your knowledge. My son is alive and uninjured because if what I learned here. I am bruised and banged up and hurting but he is 100% perfect:)

ADS

cookie123

Yay for rear facing! I'm glad your son is fine. Sorry about your van. I hope you're all better soon.

CarSeatPoncho

THANK GOODNESS your son is OK and you were not seriously injured.

I know you are probably dealing with a lot of stuff right now (dealing with injuries, insurance, etc.), but it probably seems so minor compared to the relief of knowing that your child was protected in a very very serious situation.

[hugs] to you and your lil man!

Kat_Momof3

yay! not only for rearfacing, but for having his carseat installed properly and using the seat properly! Your choices saved his life!

I hope you heal quickly, though I know not having to worry about him being hurt will help with that.

MomToEliEm

I am so glad to hear that your son was uninsured during the crash.

If you wish to post the pictures of your crash, upload them to photobucket.com or some other web hosting site. On photobucket, you can copy over the link to each picture (usually it will be the link with IMG around it). All you have to do is paste that link with the IMG on each side of it within the new post edit window and the image should be visible once posted. Make sure you have the permissions for the folder where the pictures reside as visible to everyone.

If you can't find the IMG link, you can just copy the HTML link to the individual picture. Click the "Insert Image" button in the new post edit options (this is the small yellow box with a little mountain in it), and paste the HTML link in the prompt window. That will automatically format the link so it will appear as a picture in the post.

mommy-medic

I am so very glad that you were able to come here and learn how to optimize your son's safety in the vehicle! I am sorry you got banged up, and glad it wasn't a high speed accident. Good luck dealing with the insurance company, and make sure to destroy your seat- it's done its job!

Thanks so very much for coming to share your story with all of us.

babyherder

So glad your son is ok! It must be nice to know that you were able to keep him safe. Hope you feel better soon.

Alynys

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

Hopefully this shows up
I washi very hard as you can see. According to the witnesses who first helped me the van went up in the air.

Mommy0608

Wow! :eek: I'm so glad that your son is unhurt, and that you didn't suffer more serious injuries. I do hope you heal very soon.

Thank you so much for coming here to share your story with us! I'm glad we could be here to provide information that potentially saved your child's life. :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC