UGH! My neighbor just came home with her 10 mo

Suzibeck

riding ffing in her 3yo brother's seat! The straps are loose on the 3 yo, I'm sure they did nothing to secure the 10 mo. They only went to the gas station for ice, but STILL! I've spoken with them on CPS and they say they just can't wait until all the kids are out of seats. Their small 3 yo will be in a lapbelt on his 4th birthday if MI doesn't hurry up and change the laws. Their 7 yo rides in the front seat without a booster all the time. She also doens't even own a helmet for her bike and scooter.

ADS

mamato2

It's hard to have neighbors who have so little regard for safety! Unfortunately many states don't understand that if there are not laws based on 'best practice' that parents will assume the laws that exist are 'good enough' and follow them/ use them as an excuse! :(
C.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'm sorry! I have neighbors who let their preschooler ride, unrestrained, in the front seat. That is illegal (not to mention stupid) in this state. :(

Laurenc0101

It is so hard to see blantant disregard for children's safety. Some parents just don't (or can't) admit that they are wrong.

Lauren:)

lovinwaves

Isn't that the most frustrating thing!! Now that the weather is nice I have been more out and about. I am seeing more and more kids loose in the car. Even in the front seat :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC