6 (or 7) passenger vehicles

karlatta

We are still shopping for a new vehicle for DH. I have a Sienna that we primarily use for family travel, and DH's vehicle is used to take him to/from work (10 miles a day or so) and on the weekends for running errands and stuff.

We initially planned to get him another small sedan (he has a Saturn SL1 right now), but we think it might be a good idea to just go ahead and get a small SUV or cross-over that can seat 6 or 7. (My car is in the shop today and we suddenly realized what a pain it is to live in suburbia and not have a vehicle that can transport the entire family! I am stuck at home, and DH is stuck begging rides from people because I can't go get him or take him anywhere.)

I know the Mazda5 is a great option, but DH doesn't love the minivan-esque look. :rolleyes: I haven't paid attention to what's available with a 3rd row in years, so I don't even know where to start.

- It will rarely be used with all 6 of us, but needs to be able to handle 4 car seats. Within a year or two, one or two kids MIGHT be able to go in a booster, but right now everyone is harnessed and one HAS to be RF just to meet legal requirements.
- We will probably keep it forever, so we need good head support in all positions for when the kids are out of seats. Good safety ratings a must. Side curtain airbags a big bonus.
- A non-Mom look. The sliding doors on the Mazda5 kill it for DH.

Thoughts on vehicles to look at? We're looking at used, maybe 2003-2008 or so? Thanks!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC