If you had to spend $100 or less...

Rosey

Which seat would you buy for 16ish pound twins? They are technically 1 yr but adjusted age for prematurity is 8 months. No known CP or feeding tubes or other delays.

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Or $100 each? You can occasionally get MyRides for that price, if they're able to wait. They fit littles well and they'll have gobs of time in them.

Otherwise, I agree with 40lb RF Sceneras being their best bet.

Rosey

I should clarify 100 each seat or 200 total, but I was still thinking sceneras.

Yeah, I'm trying to get them to bump up to $130 but they can't cause someone wants to buy this as the kids 1st bday present. How does the TF fit littles?

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The TF fits from newborn, and has all of that great padding, so it would be an option. :) Is it commonly found for $100 though?

Rosey

The TF fits from newborn, and has all of that great padding, so it would be an option. :) Is it commonly found for $100 though?

No, but Albee has one pattern for $140 I'm gonna see if it is a close relative and they could pay the difference. I won't be able to talk to her until the morning. I used to be able to find the TF for $130 regularly, but $140 is the best price right now it seems.

Rosey

What about the new safety 1st air protect? I saw it at BRU and liked it pretty well and she could get the twin discount that BRU/TRU does. Too bad she couldn't participate in the great trade in event for the 25%

http://airprotect.safety1st.com/product-onsideair-carseat.php

Do these install easily? I have a strong feeling this is gonna be the winner. They look more comfy than the Avenue and scenera for not much more. Looks like a solid seat.

Then I will just keep an eye out for Nautilus sales so they can move into those when the girls hit the 40lb RFing limit.

The EFTA is $119 at albeebaby, and I will tell her about those but her sister has one and I don't think they like it (the red tabs and harness adjustor).

arly1983

I tried it in my Ford Freestar with seatbelt and latch and had no problems but I rarely do it that van. Install was typical of cosco seats, KWIM? The latch was ok and the seat belt install tipped a little but nothing too bad. Installed just like the original complete air to me before they put an adjustable base on it. They will probably need a towel or pool noodle.

Its actually quite tempting for me right now for S. He has got to like it more than the MR (which he loaths). Its low profile, plenty of legroom, and leaves my DH with plenty of room to sit in front of it. Oh, and its pretty cheap. ;)

The cover seemed to be the exact type of material that is on the complete air as well.

NannyMom

No, but Albee has one pattern for $140 I'm gonna see if it is a close relative and they could pay the difference. I won't be able to talk to her until the morning. I used to be able to find the TF for $130 regularly, but $140 is the best price right now it seems.

If you could find 20% off coupons for BRU, you could use the twin discount and get it down to $127 for the My Ride.

jess71903

Ambassador
The Onside Air is a Scenera with new clothes, right? Unless she just wants the air pocket things, I'd still probably save some $$ and get 40lb Sceneras.

Last edited:

lmd123

Do these install easily? I have a strong feeling this is gonna be the winner. They look more comfy than the Avenue and scenera for not much more. Looks like a solid seat.

Then I will just keep an eye out for Nautilus sales so they can move into those when the girls hit the 40lb RFing limit.

The EFTA is $119 at albeebaby, and I will tell her about those but her sister has one and I don't think they like it (the red tabs and harness adjustor).

If you got Complete Airs, you would not likely need Nautiluses. The Complete Air has one of the tallest shells out there, and will be very, very likely to get your kiddos to boostering age! Then you can just buy inexpensive HBBs 5 years down the line. Most kids fit RF until 4 in the CA, then FF until 5-6+.

Rosey

I have a coupon good til the 14th I believe that I could donate as I won't be using it.

I'll take you up on it. My friend says the budget isn't flexible. I had two of the RA50's in my cart at target when they were $50 and she didn't have the money then. I didnt at the time or I would have bought them.

I think she likes the looks of the onboard and she is gonna go play w them tomorrow. The MR will likely be overreclined for the FFing. The CA woul be great but $$.

It is really the onboards or efta. I wish she could do TFs but she cant pay the difference and won't let me. Whatever, the onboards will be good if they fit her vehicle and she can save for nautis.

NannyMom

How much is the orange CA now? My BRU doesn't carry them anymore, but I know a few months ago I got one for $96 after a 20% off coupon, and $5 R US bucks. Then I returned it, cuz I needed the money more than the seat. Do they have the Onside Air at BRU?

luvsviola

I would get Scearas for now, and start saving money for 2 Nautliuses when the Scenaras are outgrown around age 3.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC