SR32 adjusting issue

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Either I'm stupid or my kids huge. :eek:. Possibly both.

I can't get the snugride (iPhone would prefer I say smuggler) to adjust enough to get parkers arms in and out comfortably. When I look at the back, the adjuster metal clip thing (?) that holds the end of each shoulder strap is hitting the plastic piece right below the red release lever and won't allow it to get any looser.

What the heck am I doing wrong?? Baby is four months, surely this can't be the farthest I can let them out??

ADS
L

LuciaBella

The Snugride32 has an additional adjuster on the harness to add extra slack. Flip over the car seat.
Take the harness off of the metal splitter (just as if you were moving up the straps)
There is another loop you can put it through. You also should be able to do this for where the hip straps are located.
Does that help?

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I'm 99% sure the shoulder ones are all the way out now, and while it appears you can do the same with the hip straps you can't. There an additional "loop" at the end but you cannot remove the metal piece to put it in that last loop. Wth?

And of course you can't get the manual on the iPhone because of the adobe apple issue. Ugh

L

LuciaBella

I'm almost positive that you can do it with the hips too. I can on my SS1 and I can't imagine they took that feature away when they updated it.

Just looked at the manual online. You can in fact move the hip straps out farther. There should be another loop. That should give you more room.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Okay, I finally got it, I just couldn't get the buckle out of the plastic prongs so I assumed I couldn't do it because I didn't want to break them. I got them out after like 20 minutes. Ugh. I feel like a dork. Thanks girls!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC