No Scenera @ Wal-Mart??

Mommy2Marcus

I was in Wal-Mart today & as you know, I walked through the car seat section. I noticed that there was what appeared to be a new Scenera cover. However once I got close enough to look, it was not a Scenera. It was an Evenflo Tribute Sport. There were no Scenera's there & no place for one anymore. Just the Tribute Sport. :scratcheshead:

So, it looks to me like they replaced the Scenera with the Tirbute Sport. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a good seat? It looks very similar to the Scenera. I did not however get to try Marcus in it b/c I had to hurry as I had ice cream in the car from another store.

ADS

Mags462

Don't know anything about it since i A. haven't ever seen one and B. don't own a Scenera.... but after a little internet digging it seems these are a WalMart exclusive :confused: My WalMart has tons of Sceneras all over the place..... how much was the cost? Who knows... the only HBB my WalMart has is an Evenflo, so my guess is maybe they are getting good deals from Evenflo :rolleyes:

Mommy2Marcus

Don't know anything about it since i A. haven't ever seen one and B. don't own a Scenera.... but after a little internet digging it seems these are a WalMart exclusive :confused: My WalMart has tons of Sceneras all over the place..... how much was the cost? Who knows... the only HBB my WalMart has is an Evenflo, so my guess is maybe they are getting good deals from Evenflo :rolleyes:

I think it was $45. But I did not get a ton of time to look it over. I was in a hurry. However when I go again soon, I will check it over & try Marcus in it.

christineka

I haven't been to walmart for a while. I have memorized the lineup from the last time I was there. (The only change was the addition of the harmony literider in 4 prints.) Ours hasn't carried the evenflo titan, so it would be interesting if they started. I have heard that our walmart is under new management, which is supposed to be an improvement over the last.

Anyway, I like the titan. I think it is easier to install than the scenera, it has eps foam, and is almost the same size as the scenera. If it is similarly priced to the scenera, I'd pick the titan. (Comparing the 35 pound rfing scenera to the 35 pound rfing titan.)

Mommy2Marcus

I haven't been to walmart for a while. I have memorized the lineup from the last time I was there. (The only change was the addition of the harmony literider in 4 prints.) Ours hasn't carried the evenflo titan, so it would be interesting if they started. I have heard that our walmart is under new management, which is supposed to be an improvement over the last.

Anyway, I like the titan. I think it is easier to install than the scenera, it has eps foam, and is almost the same size as the scenera. If it is similarly priced to the scenera, I'd pick the titan. (Comparing the 35 pound rfing scenera to the 35 pound rfing titan.)

It was not the Titan. It was a seat called the Tribute Sport. Here is a link to the seat I seen.
http://www.evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=318&pfid=3774

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Maybe it's just your WM? I just wrote the Dorel rep about something else and he mentioned the orig. Scenera is still available at WM.

FF1407wife

I logged on just to see this! I noticed that our WM had a few Sceneras but a ton of the Evenflo Tribute Sport.....which they have never had before.

I was just curious about the seat itself....

NannyMom

There was a new cover pink Scenera at WM today. But I too thought the new Tributes were Sceneras.

hrice

My Wal Mart has tons of Sceneras right now. The car seat section is rediculous though. The seats are all over the place and not organized AT ALL. I saw a cover I hadn't seen on the Scenera before. It was pink with cherries.

ericarizo

The Tribute has lower top harness slots and you cannot RF on the top slot.. The top harness slot on the Scenera is 14.75 inches and the top harness slot on the Tribute is 14 inches but remember you cannot RF on the top slot in the Tribute.

Kayleen

Our new Walmart has the tribute displayed on top and the 35# RF scenaras down below with no display. Our Target has 40# RF scenaras on display.

Kobain's Mommy

The Tribute looked exactly like the plain Titans we got last week at our car seat class, only difference I see is the cover. They work for a seat in my mom's PT Cruiser and as a back up seat, but my LO is only 5 months. They were super easy to install in the dummy seat along with the PT. I was even able to move the straps with LO in the seat in the car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC