I made a difference (re:explaining to other kids why YOURS is still in a seat)

todzwife

So DS's party is this afternoon. I met both mothers of the boys I'm picking up this afternoon and explained to them that their boys would be in boosters in my car (just in case they came home complaining or something). They asked me why I felt it was so important...so I explained that unless they pass the 5 step (which I explained) that they are safer in a booster that helps position the vehicle's belt properly since they are designed for full-grown men, not children and that they could face serious injury if in an accident-a risk I wasn't willing to take. I also explained that a child's skeleton isn't strong enough to absorb the force of a crash, that a booster acts as "artificial hips" (read that here) and that the vehicles belt can cause internal injuries etc. etc...
They both nodded and thanked me for the information, and as I was getting in my car to leave one of them shouted "thank you so much! I'm going to put X back in his booster TODAY!":love:

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
:2thumbsup:
Great Job! I am anxiously awaiting the day that someone takes what I have to say seriously and it makes a difference.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC