So I decided to play with my carseats...

PHaley

yesterday. I have been wanting to try this 3-across which I expected to be a challenge but was hopeful I could get them all independently installed and YEAAH go me! it worked!

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

How do they look? Is The OnBoard Air hanging over too much? Considering it's within newborn range on the recline angle, is the Marathon at an acceptable angle for an older kid?

Then just for fun I tried DD in the Marathon...and she fits!!! Her shoulders are above (slightly maybe 1/4 inch) the bottom slots :eek: She's 11 weeks and not sure but probably 13-14lbs and maybe 23inches tall...

IMAG0213.jpg

IMAG0214.jpg

IMAG0215.jpg

To "celebrate" I was going to take DGD1 &2 to the pumpkin patch in the morning but when I called their mom she tells me DGD2 is 35lbs naked! :( I'm not ready for her to FF in my car yet...So now I have to decide if I can get her in the Radian (if so where) or CA LX (again where) or have to switch out the FR! Back to the drawing board :whistle:

ADS

cookie123

Gosh that baby is adorable. Looks like a little doll. Well, that's too bad about the weight. She's 3? I've decided I could live with ff a 3 year old.

NannyMom

I agree with PP that your DD is adorable, and DOES look like a baby doll!

I believe Britax wants their seat bases 100% on the vehicle seat, am I wrong? And the Marathon is hanging off a bit. Maybe that could be replaced with a Radian or Compete Air?

HEVY

I thought Britax was 80%, or is that just the Regent and Frontier? It looks like it's just fractions of an inch on the corners. Not sure about the OnBoard.

And your baby is beautiful, I have to agree, she looks just like a doll :)

Shanora

I thought that the only seat that wanted their bases on 100% was the Graco Nautilus.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Britax is 80%, as are most seats. I'm fine with the fit of your MA. The Onboard though, looks well over 20% off...but that's without measuring. I don't like it one bit, IMHO.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Yeah, that OnBoard looks like it's more like 75% on the seat than 80%. Can you take a tape measure and lay it next to it and check?

PHaley

Thank you for all the compliments on DD she is really sweet and just a lovable baby and looks like a really pretty girl version of DH ;)

Um ya I thought the Marathon was ok except it's really close to the door, not touching but centimeters away...and I can't find a rf tether point :( (so glad I bought the Artic Cat cover, thats an 08 MA that was originally Brooke, but I like this cover much better, I am still searching for a cowmoo cover though).

As for the OBA35 I think you ladies might be right, good thing we don't drive often but I will check it out w/ a measuring tape in the morning and if it's over 80 she'll ride in the Marathon or I will have to put her back center.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC