Question Probooster help

mommyin05and07

I recieved the probooster yesterday and put it in my car today for ds to try out and it seems really tippy his graco turbobooster, what am I doing wrong? the seat belt was locked and he was sitting in it correctly
Thanks

ADS

Cryssy Jane

The manual says not to lock the belt, maybe that was part of the issue. I've had both a turbo booster and the probooster and the probooster was much more solid in all but one seating position between two vehicles. Do you have any pictures that might help visually describe the situation?

Cryssy Jane

Sorry, I had to post quick due to screaming kiddos. Let me elaborate a little more now that things are under control again.

I found that locking the seat belt caused a little more tippiness than what the seat would do on it's own, just like occasionally locking the seat belt will pull up and cause tippiness in a rear facing seat. That could cause the tipping by pulling up on the shoulder belt portion of the booster. I don't have the manual in front of me (as I no longer have the seat) but maybe someone else can elaborate on why they say not to lock the belt.

What vehicle is the booster in and what seating position? What do the seats look like, are they sloped or do they have a bucket type shate to them? Would it be possible to try other locations to see if you encounter the same issue?

Mae

Hey! You're in Southern IL! Me too! Where are you at? If you don't want to answer, no big deal. If you'd rather, you can Personal Message me, too.

Just curious. :)

mommyin05and07

07 Santa Fe 60/40 split? leather seats hes on the drivers side near door,noone in middle nautilus on passengers side,seats curve up alittle, if you kwim?. We don't use the 3rd row unless I need to (extra kids,so very seldome) and I think it might be to high way back there.
It tipped when we were turning a corner (and I didn't turn it hard or fast).
Thanks and Ill dig the maual back out and see if it says why to not lock it, I just got use to doing it with the other seat.
I might decide to go back to the graco when needed and send the probooster back if its like that though.

Thanks

I'm near St Louis (if your near I can pm you where Im at)

emandbri

It must depend on the car I find the pro booster much more tippy than the turbo, granted I only have a backless turbo that might make a difference. I've tried them in my sienna and my camry.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong (other than locking the seat belt of course), I think it is just a tippy seat.

mommyin05and07

Thanks, Its going back, it was still tippy today and ds doesn't like it because of that. Ill go back to using the turbo booster (ours is highback) and he made a comment today that his other seat didn't tip when I turn a corner.
Hes in the nautilus most of the time,but we have the booster as a spare.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC