Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

2 row SUV for 3 boosters?

For over a year, I have been thinking of getting a three row SUV to replace my aging minivan. However, as a newly single mother of two boys (almost 5 and 7), and I am not sure I want that big of a vehicle anymore (and donít want another minivan now).

My main requirements are:
    * Can fit three boosters (so we can bring at least one friend Ė which we do about 1/week)
    * Sits up high so I can see easier (thus SUV)
    * Reliable/long lasting car (every car I have ever owned has been a Toyota - but I am very open to other makes)
    * Leather seats

Would like something that handles well in the snow. Although this isnít as critical now that my mother just bought a Forester that I can borrow if needed.

Would like to be able to buy a year or two old model for under 30-35k

Are there 2 row SUVís that will fairly easily accommodate 3 boosters?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 2 row SUV for 3 boosters?

I would look at the 2007 and newer Acura MDX. We had one that we put over 75,000 miles on in three years and it never had an issue. It is phenomenal in the snow and it is very carseat friendly.

If you do a search for "Acura MDX" a TON of threads will come up with a ton of information on them.

4. Thank You from:

Re: 2 row SUV for 3 boosters?

Quote Originally Posted by DaniCPST View Post
    I would look at the 2007 and newer Acura MDX. We had one that we put over 75,000 miles on in three years and it never had an issue. It is phenomenal in the snow and it is very carseat friendly.

If you do a search for "Acura MDX" a TON of threads will come up with a ton of information on them.
    Thank you! I will take a look.