Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carseat Crazy

Where to buy a Radian?

A friend of mine is looking to get a narrow seat for her van - I recommended the Radian, but I can't find where to buy it! Is it available at any regular stores like toys r us?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Where to buy a Radian?

Where do you live? There are several online stores that sell it, but if you want to know where to buy it in person we'll need to know where you are. It is often the more "boutique" or specialty stores that sell it.
    ~Tracey~
    Little Boy 1 - Graco Turbo Booster & Diono Monteray - 6 yrs, 50lbs, 48"
    Little Boy 2 - FF Radian XT - 4 yrs, 42 lbs, 45"

Carseat Crazy

You can enter a postal code here: http://www.skjp.com/en-CA/dealer_locator and it will pull up all retailers that carry SK products. I would highly recommend calling before going as many locations only carry their accessories and not the actual car seats.

They also have a list on online retailers if you're not able to find a brick & mortar store near you (though I'm sure you know that the Radians are best tried before purchasing due to their often difficult installs).

Good luck, HTH,
    Melissa
    Selina joined us Feb 19, 2010
    Calgary, AB, Canada

Selina RF until 4 years, 1 month, 21 days old. FF in Radian until 6 years, 2 months (too tall). FF (harnessed) in Harmony Defender until 7 years, 2 months.

I wouldn't rely too much on the website. It tells me that there are no dealers within a 200 mile radius of my postal code and I know that there is a boutique about 5 minutes away as well as TJ's about an hour and a half away. Probably better to post your location here and if we can't help then kijiji is a good second option. We had luck with that one a few months back for a gentleman in Ontario. Numerous emails within minutes from helpful parents in his area.
    Selina - Canadian Mom. BC CPST
    James (04/12/02) 84# In a SK Monterey
    Nicholas (09/02/07) 34.5# FF in a Britax FrontierXT and giving me anxiety over the switch forward

There are many online retailers but if you want to try the seat first the Bay now carries them! (in one not-that-thrilling cover! LOL)

CPS Technician

Sears now carries the XT too.

It sure does - most importantly - it carries the Flora pattern too!
    Home daycare provider sometimes using: Truefit, Maestro, Radians, Graco TB, Chase, Apramo and a Clek. Canadian CRST
    Expecting a surprise someone in Sept 2012.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Kat_Shoshin View Post
    It sure does - most importantly - it carries the Flora pattern too!

Does it only carry the Flora? Thats the only one I can find on their website Anyone see any in any gender neutral or boy covers? Thanks

Senior Community Member BudgieStew's Avatar

I just got a Sears flyer today and it shows the Radian on sale at 299.99 as opposed to the 329.00.
    *DD N 5 Years 46 inches/44 lbs FF in a Marathon/Parkway SG/Turbo Booster/ and Harnessed Nautilus
    *DS H 7 Years 49 inches/51 lbs in a Monterey and Turbo Booster
    and a Harmony and Radian as back up seats

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by selinajean View Post
    I wouldn't rely too much on the website. It tells me that there are no dealers within a 200 mile radius of my postal code and I know that there is a boutique about 5 minutes away as well as TJ's about an hour and a half away.
    I would agree the website isn't great, but I had success with using the 50 mile radius with my postal code. Anything bigger and it seems to get confused.

Melissa
    Selina joined us Feb 19, 2010
    Calgary, AB, Canada

Selina RF until 4 years, 1 month, 21 days old. FF in Radian until 6 years, 2 months (too tall). FF (harnessed) in Harmony Defender until 7 years, 2 months.

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Our forum sponsor, Snugglebugz, should have it and shipping is probably still free www.snugglebugz.ca
    Tam
    Certified Canadian CRS Technician-Instructor

DD#1, Aug 1999
    DS, May 2001
    DD#2, Aug 2007

Quote Originally Posted by dogmelissa View Post
    I would agree the website isn't great, but I had success with using the 50 mile radius with my postal code. Anything bigger and it seems to get confused.

Melissa
    I've tried all of the distance options and none work. Which reminds me that I need to let my friend know that her shop isn't on there!
    Nicholas (09/02/07) 34.5# FF in a Britax FrontierXT and giving me anxiety over the switch forward

I've tried all of the distance options and none work. Which reminds me that I need to let my friend know that her shop isn't on there!
    Oooh, where's this? All this time I thought I'd have to go to Kelowna to try one out. Don't suppose she carries the BJCMD too (the other thing I was going to try at TJ's)??

ETA: Never mind, I found it
    17yrs, 15yrs, 13yrs, 11yrs , 9yrs (58", 75lbs, Incognito), 7yrs (46", 50lbs, Dreamtime), 5yrs (41", 35lbs, RN), 3yrs (30lbs, RF Marathon), NB (Peg 4-35)
    '14 Mazda5, '06 Chevy Express, '08 Toyota Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by Keeanh View Post
    Oooh, where's this? All this time I thought I'd have to go to Kelowna to try one out. Don't suppose she carries the BJCMD too (the other thing I was going to try at TJ's)??

ETA: Never mind, I found it

BJCMD ???? Help a girl out.

For anyone else in the BC interior, Growth Spurts in Salmon Arm carries the Radian. She will let you try out an install in your car, and she will order in one with a different cover if needed.

BJCMD ???? Help a girl out.

For anyone else in the BC interior, Growth Spurts in Salmon Arm carries the Radian. She will let you try out an install in your car, and she will order in one with a different cover if needed.
    LOL! It's the Baby Jogger City Mini Double. I phoned around (there aren't too many baby places in SA ) and I'm like "Oh, you have the Radian, you must be Selina's friend". I probably weirded her out .
    17yrs, 15yrs, 13yrs, 11yrs , 9yrs (58", 75lbs, Incognito), 7yrs (46", 50lbs, Dreamtime), 5yrs (41", 35lbs, RN), 3yrs (30lbs, RF Marathon), NB (Peg 4-35)
    '14 Mazda5, '06 Chevy Express, '08 Toyota Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by Keeanh View Post
    LOL! It's the Baby Jogger City Mini Double. I phoned around (there aren't too many baby places in SA ) and I'm like "Oh, you have the Radian, you must be Selina's friend". I probably weirded her out .
    LOL. All of the baby store owners know me.