Would you keep them?

nonniecita

Hey all,

Our car was stolen on 9/25 and I got a call this morning that it had been found at an apartment complex! The only thing stolen out of it was the cd player. I am wondering if I should continue to use the car seats and would like opinions. The car was tagged by the apartment security for not having the complex sticker on 9/27. I'm not sure atm if it has just been sitting there the whole time or what. It was not (to my knowledge) in an accident. I am very serious about car seat safety. In fact, my 5-year-old is in (or was) a new Sunshine Kids' Radian XTSL rear-facing. The base to my ds true fit was in the car, the bucket was inside the house and I had since bought another base for our other car.

So, would you keep or chunk them?

Oh, our car was found about a 10 minute (city) drive from our house.

Thanks!

ADS

susanx4

I would replace them, you now don't know their history. i think insurance might help with them.... can't hurt to try at least

hrice

Hmmm...I would say it is debatable. If there is no exterior damage to the vehicle then they should be fine IMO. But I am no expert.

BabyKaykes

Interesting. A friend of mine's car was stolen with a RF MA inside. They found the car 3 days later and it was released to him, but the ONLY thing missing was the car seat.

I'd probably use them. Especially if there's no vehicle damage and they're still installed properly.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If there was no damage to the vehicle and if they were still installed as I'd had them, I personally wouldn't worry about using them.

nonniecita

Thanks guys. Just found out the car was actually picked up a couple of days after it was stolen. Was taken on a Saturday night and picked up Monday sometime.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC