Blvd ?'s

henrietta

Ugh.

I love the cover (Moonstone) on the new Blvd Britax sent me for a deal, BUT...

I'm confused.

WHY does the extra comfort foam only go halfway down the child's back, leaving a gap?

WHY is it so hard to route the seatbelt UNDER the LATCH bar? I almost could NOT get the seatbelt buckle through the rearfacing belt path. Why can't I just route it over, same as the LATCH strap?

WHY does the top tether have the old style adjuster on it instead of the push button one I love and can easily use?

And most importantly, WHY oh WHY, does it appear that my barely 36" (although admittedly very long torsoed!), 31 lb, 25 mos old had outgrown it rearfacing by height? To me, it looks like the top of his head is dead even w/the shell--even w/the seat installed pretty upright in my car.

I chose to get the BLVD as the replacement b/c at least even forward facing it would recline a bit for a little one and has the side impact wings, but I wonder if maybe I should have just asked her if she could offer me a Frontier instead...

Please make me feel better about this purchase!

TY!

henrietta

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Opening the lockoffs helps get the seatbelt through the belt path.

My guess is the cover has enough padding for the back. I haven't heard of too many issues with comfort in a Boulevard.

Could you take pictures for rear facing height? Remember to check perpendicularly to the seat, not from the side.

Wendy

henrietta

Opening the lockoffs helps get the seatbelt through the belt path.

My guess is the cover has enough padding for the back. I haven't heard of too many issues with comfort in a Boulevard.

Could you take pictures for rear facing height? Remember to check perpendicularly to the seat, not from the side.

Wendy

Ah, yes, opening the lock offs would have helped. Thanks! I do love the lock offs that face the other way (the way they are on this BLVD). It actually works w/my van's seatbelt buckles, instead of against them. It was a problem w/our Decathlon that made installs tough.

I'll try to get a pic today, but I'm pretty sure he is even w/the top of the shell (from the side), b/c that's how I'm looking at it. I'd be thrilled to be wrong! LOL

Thanks!

henrietta

henrietta

As for the cover and the padding....yes, the cover is nicely padded--same as the Decathlon was--but the grey foam that lays underneath the cover is in two pieces. One goes down the back to mid-back level, and the other is under the kiddo's rear end, instead of one long piece.

(-:

Jennifer mom to my 7

As for the cover and the padding....yes, the cover is nicely padded--same as the Decathlon was--but the grey foam that lays underneath the cover is in two pieces. One goes down the back to mid-back level, and the other is under the kiddo's rear end, instead of one long piece.

(-:

Because of the infinite adjust harness. If it went all the way down when the shoulder harnesss is in the top most position, it would overlap the bottom peice.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Now, that makes perfect sense! Thanks!

Ha! What is really funny is you understood what I meant, But the post was really messed up:whistle:

Because of the infinite adjust harness. If the foam went all the way down when the shoulder harnesss is in the top most position, it would overlap the bottom peice when the harness was moved to the bottom most position.

THis might make a little bit more sense, I hope.

henrietta

Ha! What is really funny is you understood what I meant, But the post was really messed up:whistle:

Because of the infinite adjust harness. If the foam went all the way down when the shoulder harnesss is in the top most position, it would overlap the bottom peice when the harness was moved to the bottom most position.

THis might make a little bit more sense, I hope.

:confused::confused::confused:

Just kidding! ;)

All I needed were the words "overlap" and "infinite harness" and it all made sense! LOL I'm not even sure I actually read the rest of the sentence!

Thanks!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You had linked to the image album (and there was an extra http:// in there), so it didn't work. I grabbed the images for you and put them in.

The second picture makes it look like he's got quite a bit of room, maybe two inches. The third, though, does look outgrown. Since the second has his head forward and the third has it back, I'm more likely to believe the third.

Wendy

henrietta

Thank you Wendy! I really, really tried to get the seat more upright...and it didn't help much at all. I can't believe this kiddo has already outgrown this type of seat rearfacing--makes me even more disappointed that I missed out yesterday on the gaga deal for the True Fit.

In the third pic (close up from front), the headrest is a good inch to two inches above the shell.

In the pic where he isn't leaning forward, he is exactly in his seat with head pressed against the seat back.

I guess I'll turn it around while I decide what I want to do (and/or can do...)

He may have an inch above his head in either the EFTA or the FPSVD in dh's car, but it was getting close not that long ago..

Thanks again!

henrietta

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC