Thinking ahead....what would you do?

cookie123

So say in a few months or so, Matthew reaches the rf weight limit on the Radians. Would you hand down one of the Nauti's and get a booster for one of the big kids? Right now they're using them harnessed but I swear any day now, I'm going to get them converted to booster mode. Brett is at the top harness height. Hannah's got maybe 3/4 of an inch, but she's practically 8 and it seems like she should move on!

Or would you get him a new harnessed seat. If he makes it past 3, I probably wouldn't get another rf seat. At least not another Radian.

And what about me? Well, actually, I'll probably continue to rf him in the Avenue for a little longer - 2 lbs!

Oh, I just thought of something else. How does the Radian do ff in the Sienna - it's the older style - the more rounded look - maybe a 2004? I'm guessing on that.

ADS

wvmommy007

I think I would RF him in the Radian, then the Avenue until he can't anymore, then use one or both FF if they install well. When the Avenue is outgrown or if one doesn't install well, then do the Nauti switch and buy an older kid a new booster. I think that would be my plan.

If I was going to buy Matthew a new seat though, it would definitely be a combo seat.

cookie123

He'll for sure be in the Radians rf until he maxes them out rf - it will be by weight. Sadly he's got lots of height left! Also, the Radian does not ff in my car. Although I may give it one last hurrah, just to make sure. :) Don't know how the ff install is in my DD's Sienna.

I'm just looking ahead a bit for when they're outgrown rf.

pepsicola

So say in a few months or so, Matthew reaches the rf weight limit on the Radians. Would you hand down one of the Nauti's and get a booster for one of the big kids? Right now they're using them harnessed but I swear any day now, I'm going to get them converted to booster mode. Brett is at the top harness height. Hannah's got maybe 3/4 of an inch, but she's practically 8 and it seems like she should move on!......

I would do that.

cookie123

You know what? I admit that every time a see a crash test booster video, I'm glad they're still harnessed. Boosters kinda freak me out a bit! Brett's only 6 and Hannah is smaller than him.:)

I like that the GNs can be latched in booster mode. And they go pretty tall, don't they? I can't remember now.

wvmommy007

I was just saying to hubby how booster crash tests make me feel ill when compared to a harness. I hope I can overcome that fear in the next 6 years or so. :)

NannyMom

Siennas are mostly the same for 2004-2010. I've only installed the Radian with LATCH forward facing in my Sienna, and it was easy.

I'd pass down the Nautilus and get the oldest a new booster.

ETA: just realized, you can see the FF Radian outboard in my siggy pic. That's my 2008 Sienna.

cookie123

Well, if the Radian works in the Sienna, they'll need no new seats, and that would be great! The Sienna must be an 03 because it doesn't look like the newer ones.

Then it will just be me that would need a new seat. Hmmm.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC