Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    LucianaSerp

Exclamation Help fitting 3 carseats across the back seat

Hello,

I own a 2008 Civic 4 doors and I was just wondering if it is possible to fit a FF MA, RF Baby trend w base, and a Britax Frontier. I will help a friend for awhile and this are the car seats we have.

Thanks,

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Help fitting 3 carseats across the back seat

I'm unfamiliar with installs in your vehicle, but you could try checking out the successful 3 across thread:
    http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...ght=successful

My gut says that the Frontier's size will prevent a safe 3 across from working, but I could be wrong. The BabyTrend is the slimmest infant seat on the market, which could work in your favor. It may also fit best in a 3 across without the base.

Hope that helps a bit.
    Jonah 4/11/07 Avery 3/25/10 Noralee 10/14/11
    And my man from dream land, Sam
    RSTV, Coccoro, 2 Titans, Marathon, MyRide, Apt40, R100
    We do it in a Yaris!

I have an 01 Civic and I don't know how different they are, but there is no way I could fit anything next to a Frontier. It's halfway into the middle seat due to the dang "bump" of the seat by the door.

Here's the space left in the middle between a Frontier and MA

I don't have a pic, but I also had a rfing MA and ffing BLVD installed and my supper skinny 6 year old couldn't even squeeze in to sit between them.
    Shanna - Paramedic & Mom
    Trenton (19), Michael (17), Gabriel (15), Miss Abigail (12), Kaleigh (10), and Caleb (8) - Evenflo booster

They just don't make em like they used to.

Unregistered

I've not been in a Civic, but when my 3rd son was born, I was panicking as my 4-yr-old was in a Frontier, my 2-yr-old in my oldest's hand-me-down Evenflo and there was NO way I was fitting an infant carrier (Graco snugride) in there. I had/have an '07 Magnum.

I ended up having to put my 2-yr-old in the middle with an Sunshine Kids Radian80SL as that was the ONLY seat that would fit. And then it was a tight fit.

My best advice is to find a store that will allow you the opportunity to try some car seats out out in the parking lot and figure out your configuration. It's what I did and the place where I went was oh-so helpful

Carseat Crazy

there is no way... i don't even know if i can fit those 3 in my accord and that's bigger than a civic. your best bet is to buy the radian... frontiers are bigger than the marathon and i doubt you can even fit 2 marathons in the back of a civic with the baby seat. i know people have gotten 3 radians to fit in the back of the civic.