DS is going FF (pics)

jessi f

He was really starting to push the weight limit of his CA. I know it's pretty much my only option, other than getting him a RN for my car, but it still makes me sad. He loves RFing like his sister and was not happy when I told him he was going to turn. We talked about it for a bit and I think he's ok with it now. If he was fighting being RF and wanting to turn it would be so much easier for me :( He's only been reRF for the past 7 months but I'm so used to it now he seems so exposed when FF. I know at 4 he's plenty old enough to FF but the "what ifs" wont leave me alone. He's been hovering around 38 lbs and hit 39 a few times recently so with winter clothes and all that coming up I dont want to have to weigh him every time we got in the car. He will still be riding in a RF XTSL in DHs car indefinitly bc it cant be fitted with top tethers. I took his CA out of my car and switched it with the TF he has been riding in in my moms car. My backseat does look cute with the matching TFs ;) He rode in the TF FF in my car a few weeks ago when we had some long curvy drives to make (he gets carsick RF in those situations) and he really liked it so I think he'll be happy when he see's his new seat in the morning. The "last time" milestones always get to me. Why do babies grow up so fast?

Here are a couple pics of his last RF rides in mommy's car. *sniff* And one from few weeks ago in his TF. My big boy. :love: him

ADS

pepsicola

I completely understand how you feel. We had to turn our 2 year old around in my husband's car last month (small car and she outgrew the only seat that fit).

A big pat on the back for having a 4 year old rearfacing still. You did great! And what a great role model for those who think they can't re-rearface their toddlers!

NannyMom

I hear you on not wanting to turn the 4 year old FF ;) I don't want Sofi FF. I'd feel better if she was 39 pounds though. But she's only 32 and fits all her seats :( But SHE wants to be FF.

GOod job to you though for the re-RF :thumbsup:

jessi f

Thanks so much guys!! It's so nice for people to understand. I'm getting a it's.about.freaking.time vibe from everyone IRL :rolleyes:

Jonas was 41.5'' when we got the CA I think. He's probably around 43ish now? He's in 5T clothes. I'll measure him in the morning. I felt ok with going over the standing height limit on the CA since he had so much shell over his head. That child is all legs and no torso :p

NannyMom- Sophie looks so cute in your new siggy pic. :) Maybe once the newness of FFing wears off she'll want to RF again. When DS was FF a few weeks ago for a few rides he said he didnt want to RF again, and now he doesnt want to FF. Stinker...

Mom-of-Two

Sad day Momma! :( BUT, what an awesome accomplishment! 4 years old is something to be so proud of!

He looks like such a big boy, how does he like riding FF, did he resist at all or like it?

twinsmom

I know how you feel. I just turned my 5 year olds, and like you I kept thinking about the "what ifs". Good for you for RF for so long!:thumbsup:

jessi f

Well his first words when got in the car to leave for speech yesterday were "No mommy, I want to be backwards!" :( But he warmed up on the drive while I talked to him about all the stuff he can see now. He's a really easygoing little guy. :) I still kind of wish I could swing another radian since he really wants to RF, but I dont even know if one would fit in my car. So we'll stick with our trusty TF for now. Maybe daddy will get a car with top tether anchors and he could go FF in it and move the XTSL to my car :whistle:

Oh yeah, he is 43''

jessi f

Maybe he could talk to Sofi? I wish she had that reaction to FF :whistle:

Only if you send me some of your lightweight vibes :D DD has me worried.... Do you have any baby friends you could borrow to demonstrate how adorable and awesome RFing is? I'm pretty sure the main reason DS loves it so much is bc Masyn rides that way. They are so funny, absolutely adore each other. Jonas was soooo sad today bc she wouldnt hold his hand while we were driving home. :love:

NannyMom

Only if you send me some of your lightweight vibes :D DD has me worried.... Do you have any baby friends you could borrow to demonstrate how adorable and awesome RFing is? I'm pretty sure the main reason DS loves it so much is bc Masyn rides that way. They are so funny, absolutely adore each other. Jonas was soooo sad today bc she wouldnt hold his hand while we were driving home. :love:

I think Sofi likes FF so much because she's now seen her friends doing it. She rode with a school friend twice now. The first time, was the very first time she rode FF. She never saw it as an option before that. Now that she's a "big 4 year old" she's supposed to ride FF like her friends. She was genuinely surprised when we got in the van this morning and her carseat was still FF, lol. And she was genuinely surprised that she was riding FF in another friend's car today, and very excited to tell me about it.

I'll send you lightweight vibes ;) I see your DD was 23 pounds at 12 months. Sofi was 24 pounds at 2yrs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC