more car ideas to replace my monteray

so I am still researching, I had it narrowed down to a 2006 sienna, but then today i saw this car that was PERFECT but of course too expensive for our budget.. I fell in love, it is a chevrolet suburban.. the love came out of two winters of fish tailing around out of control in the horrible monteray, which can't handle being in a quarter inch of snow or rain in the cold. This thing could handle in weather, which I want, and has plenty of seating, and just in general I fell in love, so now I need to know, is there a car that compairs that is not going to send me into forclosure.. (honestly under 15,000) I really have never had luck with my fords or mercurys so that is something that I should mention.

I did also look at the transverse, but when did they start making those? I need used for my budget.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

ADS

Lisa in WV

I realize my comment is a little off topic, but I used to prefer small cars, and I'm driving an Expedition now. I love the size of it.

Melanie

ok my dad thinks the suburban is too much car for me lol probably right, he thinks I might like a ford flex.. anyone know anything about those?

I recently got a Flex and love it. We were coming from a van and looking at SUVs for the seating capacity. They came out in 09. As far as I know, the only change in model years is a telescoping steering wheel starting 2010.

To me, it drives like a car with a long hood. It handles surprisingly well for a vehicle that size. It has tons of room. The cargo area has a well like a minivan.

The middle of the second row (bench) isn't RF car seat friendly. It has some plastic pieces at the hinges that interfere. Other than that, it's been pretty easy for car seat installs.

The basic model has a lot of things that are usually found in pricier models. Rear back up assist (I love). Keyless entry, 2nd row seat (40 part) flips at the push of button, stability control, lots of techy stuff. I am in love with Sync. It's kind of like OnStar but it goes through your cell phone so there's no monthly charge. It's a $300 option. You can access your ipod or media stick via voice commands, get directions, it will call 911 in an accident.

The only thing I miss from my van is the sliding doors.

sadly I think Flex might be a little above budget too, since they are so new.

Same with that new nissan one omg I wanted it so bad... haha..

I really want something that will handle weather, I am wondering if there is something with only two rows that has enough room to make an easy 3 across.

The ford edge is so highly rated.. and a few others, I just am wondering.. I plan to go test drive some cars on Sat to narrow this down, and install all my seats in the ones I like lol (poor car dealers are going to hate me) One option is leasing, if we go that route we might just do a kia sorento for cost and do a 24 month lease.. we haven't decided yet, we still owe money on the monteray, we just don't like it at all.. I could name all the reasons but it would take too long.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC