Quints by suprise...

njkj

Someone needs to get ahold of this family. The babies are 18months (ish probably alittle older by now) and all FF in EFTAs with miles above their heads. They would be a great family to promote ERF on national TV.

ADS

veggiegirl228

I've thought about the same thing. But one thought is that they appear to be using the seats right except of course the 1st grader ODD who is in a backless booster and should be in HBB.

This show is way better than some like Sextuplets Take New York

dawnp15

I'm still watching and just noticed the are installed using the RF belt path :(

:yeahthat:

I was just going to start a thread about this!!! I was just watching the episode from last night and noticed this right away. They seem to do very well getting the straps nice and tight with good chest clips, but there are areas they could improve!

kmcenery

I'm still watching and just noticed the are installed using the RF belt path :(

I'm watching it now and just saw that. I thought I had seen it before but was not sure. The harness is always tight and most the time the chest clip is about where it should be.

ca2003

I was hoping they would still be rear facing but am really wondering if all 3 seats are secure in the third row.

I have Sextuplets take NY on now and that is really scary :thumbsdown:

Mom2FiveGirls

I've never seen quints by surprise, but sextuplets take ny scares me (the car seat usage anyway... :) ). I really, really think TLC needs to hire a CPST to make sure all the kids on their shows are safe. Best practice would be awesome, but just correct usage would be great too.

Mom-of-Two

Isn't it funny to look at such things, as a car seat junkie I look at seats on every tv show, in cars as I walk by in a parking lot, you name it! :)

I think those babies would be great examples to ERF, I thought a few were under 20 lbs anyway- and the oldest has been in a LBB since the show has began, I noticed on the most recent episode she was sitting very improperly and the belt really doesn't fit well on her shoulder.

They are also in Texas and I think they have the most lax laws regarding car seats, so maybe they aren't getting the best advice either.

On Kate Plus 8, I THINK the sextuplets are still harnessed in the Nautilus, which is awesome to see- they are 6 now and in school, so I think that's a great example.

Sunshy9

Oh good so I'm not the only one worried about this?! :eek: Those babies need to be turned back around in both their cars and Eliot (6yr) needs that HBB!!

susanx4

i noticed when watching last night the rear facing belt path ff!! yikes!!

as for the backless booster... at least she is in a booster, and a hbb might not fit with all the carseats and it makes it easier for them to get into the back to put the other babies in.. just my thoughts, i can over look the backless, but not the wrong belt path!

vonfirmath

They are also in Texas and I think they have the most lax laws regarding car seats, so maybe they aren't getting the best advice either.

They are in Austin, where I live. And getting advice from the OTHER set of quintuplets in Austin. (Who I have watched and occasionally participated in their blog because they are days older than my son.)

Note the Jones have a blog they are still updating and accepting comments on. If someone who saw the show wanted to write and tell them about the car seats being installed wrong. Do we have a tech here in Austin willing to go work with them?

If not, I know there is a baby store in South Austin (USA baby) that has regular car seat checks -- you have to sign up but you can do that by phone. I could look into the details of that if needed.

monica-m

CPST Instructor

Texas requires a harness to 4 and 40 and they must be in a booster until they are 8 or 4'9". The law isn't that horrible.

Now the law being enforced.... that's another matter altogether :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC