Hypothetical If....

arly1983

Hypothetically IF you were going to buy one of the new britax seats, which would you buy and why?

BV70 $232
MA70 $209
RA55 $149

Assume that cheaper is always better but $232 will not break you.

Also assume boy/gn so the cute girl cover on the MA70 isn't a deciding factor. :cool:

For use RF and FFing.

ADS

featherhead

At those prices, I would buy the BV70. Here in Canada the prices are a lot higher. $249 for the RA55, $299 for the MA65, and $339 for the BV65.

glockchick

I'd get the BLVD for the head wings as well. I hate how unprotected their heads look when they get to the top slot setting.

monstah

I'd totally get the RA55. It's only my opinion but the head wings seem so flimsy and worthless. The are no wings on the MA so I'm not paying an extra $80 for a no rethread harness, especially when I have a tendency to take them out of the car once a month. ;) Yup, RA55.

ETA- LOL Arly, your post wasn't there when I started. :p

melniemi

I went for the BV because I like how much more the head is protected ffing. Rfing, I wasn't as concerned, but I don't like how unprotected the head is when ffing in the ma70 pics, the bigger wings on the BV do much better.

jjordan

Since you said the $232 won't break you, I'd go with the boulevard. (I like head wings too.) Compared to the roundabout 55, it will cost you about an extra $1/month through the seat's 7 year lifespan. Would you pay an extra $1/month to have the head wings and the no-rethread harness? I would!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
IF, and that's a BIG if, the new BV does not cause head slump when FF, I would get the BV. Otherwise, the RA55...if they had a cover I liked. ;) I'm not worried about the lack of wings when it comes to FF on the RA...as we tend to move the Frontier once they go FF anyways. Or at least within a year or two of making the switch.

My plan is, if we adopt our youngest, to get her a BV...provided there are no head slump issues. Otherwise, I'll get her a RA55. The rethread harness doesn't bother me one bit.

emtb79

I have BLVD70 when my 2 year old was briefly FF he had no headslump issues. I love the wings they are substantial and not flimsy.

crunchierthanthou

I bought the RA55. If I was going to do it again, I'd get the BV70. IMO, the MA70 doesn't have much of a place anymore (except that they do have cuter covers on it).

HEVY

Initially I wanted to chose the BV70, for the wings. However, I think it pushes the head forward, at least the old one did when I used to try Rachel in it.

I thought I would never choose a RA55, because of the 1 inch harness height loss. I was also under the impression that the shell of the MA70 was higher than the shell of the RA55, but according to the specs they are both the same, the only difference in all the specs is the weight and harness height. Maybe someone could explain so I could give my hypothetical answer :)

HEVY

The old MA and RA looked different in size, if the specs are right then I don't get why they just don't discontinue one. I would chose one I think my child would fit into the longest.

So my choice would be the MA70. This was my choice until I looked at the specs, then I wondered what the difference really was in size. Unless my child was really really big, I would expect the MA70 to last until at least 4, maybe even 5, get the extra year with the higher harness height, get my money's worth.

melniemi

The BV70 doesn't push the head forward at all. When you feel the back of the seat, it's all flat. It is no different than the MA70 except the outside of the wings is much more substantial. The back part is the exact same. So the MA and BV would both do the same as far as pushing the head forward - but it hasn't happened at all for me. I compared the old and new BVs at BRU and it was an obvious difference in how the old headrest stuck forward.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Since it seems they have 'fixed' the pushing the head fwd problem they had w/the old BV, then I would get the BV70. But I'll probably get the CS cause they have cuter covers. LOL Though I do like Paisley in the regular BV70. I can't do Cowmoo...I just can't. LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC