Tether anchor retrofit in 1996 Plymouth Breeze?

scatterbunny

Can it be done, and if so, part number please?

I hate to say it, but this is a car we are considering, simply because it's an awesome deal and we can pay off some bills with our extra cash. I know it gets bad crash test scores, but I can keep Hayley in the middle and sell it in a couple years for something safer. It's a four cylinder and will get better gas mileage than the 6 cylinder Taurus we are also considering. Tough choices. Anyway, the tether anchor info would be great!

ADS

Melizerd

Well I was just told that it can go in to my 98 Plymouth Breeze. I "think" it's really the same model. I haven't gotten a phone call back from the dealer yet though. I couldn't find any info on their web site about the kit or the part number but I know someone posted it before.

all together ooky

I had a 1996 Dodge Stratus (same thing) and had the top tethers installed FREE at the Chrysler dealership. It was considered a customer satisfaction issue.

I don't know the part numbers, but get out your manual and highlight the lines in it that say that you should see a dealer to have them installed. Then show the dealer (or better yet, the service department mechanic). The sales guy at the dealership had no idea what I was talking about, but the mechanics did.

They could only install two and they are both more towards the center of the car. Kind of weird, but they work. Oh, and they look goofy too-kind of stick up like really short antennas.

Oh, just wanted to add that it only has a lap belt in the middle. I had a lot of trouble trying to get a tight fit with a marathon, but maybe the Regent will fit better.

Melizerd

I had a 1996 Dodge Stratus (same thing) and had the top tethers installed FREE at the Chrysler dealership. It was considered a customer satisfaction issue.

I don't know the part numbers, but get out your manual and highlight the lines in it that say that you should see a dealer to have them installed. Then show the dealer (or better yet, the service department mechanic). The sales guy at the dealership had no idea what I was talking about, but the mechanics did.

They could only install two and they are both more towards the center of the car. Kind of weird, but they work. Oh, and they look goofy too-kind of stick up like really short antennas.

Oh, just wanted to add that it only has a lap belt in the middle. I had a lot of trouble trying to get a tight fit with a marathon, but maybe the Regent will fit better.

Did you ever get the Marathon to fit tight in the middle with only the lap belt? I'm really hoping to get one and I have the Breeze version. It will be RF for a while but I do want to use it FF sooner or later as well.

Just for closure on the question, the part number for a 1996-1999 Plymouth Breeze is 04519077AB for the center and outboard positions. There are 3 tether anchor points in the rear filler panel. Most dealers will install a tether anchor for free. You can ask the dealer to refer to Technical Service Bulletin 23-08-00 Revision A for details on their policy.

all together ooky

Did you ever get the Marathon to fit tight in the middle with only the lap belt? I'm really hoping to get one and I have the Breeze version. It will be RF for a while but I do want to use it FF sooner or later as well.

I PM'd you. But, to answer your question, NO. It would seem tight at first and then after use it would seem to loosen. Still within the 1 inch, but that's not how I like it. You may have better luck than me though. Got a great RF outboard though without using it reclined. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC